Track lets Demon burn

MrMezger996

Formerly CobraSki
TCG Premium
Jun 12, 2015
Hoffman Estates
Gotta say that seat mount is pretty cool. Am I wrong in that it seems like the owner doesn't start flipping until someone points out his car isn't insured if it's on the track?

Also, update from annoying guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDgpyYBvuDY

Betting I could get that thing running with a gear box and a decent amount of plastic shit provided the engine didn't get a bunch of water in it from the fire hose. She's not that cooked.

Lmao!! Love the shirt and his man bun was a perfect match...

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
I think the insurance will cover it if he is honest about what happened. If his trans blew up on the streets and caught on fire, they would cover it. I donā€™t see a difference unless there is some clause in every bodies insurance policy that says ā€œwonā€™t cover if drag racingā€

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
I think the insurance will cover it if he is honest about what happened. If his trans blew up on the streets and caught on fire, they would cover it. I donā€™t see a difference unless there is some clause in every bodies insurance policy that says ā€œwonā€™t cover if drag racingā€

autocross is just timed 60 second parking lot courses you usually don't get out of 2nd yet they are not covered. i would thing by nature of just being on track at the drag strip boom your insurance is done.

i heard state farm used to cover 1 on curvy boi race track event, then drop you, although i don't think any regular auto insurance covers you these days.

i can purchase track day/hpde insurance, the rates are better than they used to be too, and the pricing comes per event (so 2 day event much better for you to do than 1 day event) although i have never bought it myself. i have some friends that do though. it's pretty much only useful if you total your shit.

Great White Drake

You used to call me on my cell phone
Jun 23, 2010

That.....thatā€™s exactly what insurance says :rollpicard:

I hope youā€™re kidding.

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
Couple of things. The youtoober is a tool. He did own a hellcat as well, but it was "stolen" recently. Hes got a redeye on order it appears from that video.

Also the Demon owner's car does the same thing that mine would do at the track. When you do the burnout with the foot brake on, it was good. But when you let off the foot brake, the car would over rev itself(off the gas as well). His did the same thing I see, and thats when it let go. You can see mine do the same thing in my videos from the track. Only thing I cant tell is if he was doing the burnout in 2nd or 1st. Sounds like 1st, and bouncing off the limiter. Thats probably why it exploded. I would start mine in 1st in manual mode, then shift to second and finish. But right when I let off to let it roll out, it would over rev every time. That was with MT ET Street Rs. See my video.

And the real asshole here is the track worker who put safety aside because he was butthurt. The owner can clearly be heard telling the guy every time he yelled at him to shut it down, that he couldnt. The challenger is push button start/stop and clearly the fire was preventing whatever electrical system that would kill the ignition from working. The owner getting super shitty as well didnt help, but that was uncalled for with that track worker. Reminds me of Byron. Those workers were the biggest assholes.

On my video at the :05 mark you can hear when I let off the brake. Im not on the gas either. The tires just spin and make the car over rev. I never had another car do this. That night it was 3000da and 90*.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iabwfKjdiY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqQEvjZ7hMo

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Just playing devils advocate: you take your jeep off-road and roll it. Is insurance covering it?

the way i read it quickly yesterday, is any timed event typically insurance will not cover. sooo... 1/4 mile is timed, airstrip shit is timed, autocross is timed, etc.

i do personally think an "offroad" jeepin' situation you'd be covered

I just went on Allstate website and no where in my policies does it state they will not cover our jeep under certain situations. Comprehensive insurance covers the vehicle no matter what IMHO. Thatā€™s the banks assurance of payment.

Prove me wrong...

dude hell no :rofl:

comprehensive covers no matter what? HELL TO THE FUCKING NO :rofl:

asking your own agent is likely best idea.

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
i still think warranty might be his best angle.

Actually this. Dodge/SRT has been known to put a lot of support behind its SRT owners when they are using their vehicles as intended. This would not be the first time that the SRT people step up and take care of a car that would otherwise be denied warranty claim. There are a few hellcats around that have been warrantied by the SRT team directly when they were broken in the act of using the car for what it was designed for. And this being a Demon that broke at the track, there is no way SRT is not going to want to get involved. This is their baby and they take great pride in their work.

You will see a follow up that Dodge gets involved I bet. With the amount of coverage this is getting on forums and youtube, they will see it for sure. Hell a buddy of mine that had bought like three hellcats, got one replaced directly from one of the SRT bosses after he sent the guy an email, bitching about the paint quality and QC issues he had with his latest HC. The SRT exec setup a buy back and ordered him a brand new car no questions asked. True story.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
I just went on Allstate website and no where in my policies does it state they will not cover our jeep under certain situations. Comprehensive insurance covers the vehicle no matter what IMHO. Thatā€™s the banks assurance of payment.

Prove me wrong...

It's not being covered unless you bought track specific insurance. Insurance companies used to cover track days if they were non timed as "Drivers Educational" events. They updated the policies about 10 years ago and if you crash at the track, it's on you. My dad's good friend is out agent and I've asked him about this previously.

95SC

4 cams
TCG Sponsor
Sep 10, 2006
TN
It's a shitty situation but a car like Demon that was built and advertised by Dodge for 1/4 mile track should have been covered by manufacture warranty

That's why sometimes I'm scared to run my car at the track specially if there is a shitty car next to me .

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
It's a shitty situation but a car like Demon that was built and advertised by Dodge for 1/4 mile track should have been covered by manufacture warranty

That's why sometimes I'm scared to run my car at the track specially if there is a shitty car next to me .

nothing like the thought of some clapped out turd gen spraying all the jesus joooze at it's 305 and stock ten bolt tackling the driver door of your R8.

gives me the heeebeeejeeebeeees

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
nothing like the thought of some clapped out turd gen spraying all the jesus joooze at it's 305 and stock ten bolt tackling the driver door of your R8.

gives me the heeebeeejeeebeeees

I saw that happen to an amg Mercedes at Byron once, turbo camaro lost it and drove straight into the side of the Mercedes caved the whole side in and took the front end off on the wall

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
Run No Time (N/T) at the strip...

giphy.gif

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info