Track lets Demon burn

HellPIG

TCG Elite Member
Sep 13, 2012
Mount Prospect
Happened to one other guy I know. It is the trans, but I'm surprised it let go that easily. He was on the limiter a bit, but it must of been the right circumstances. It is very rare. You can hold down the ignition switch to kill the car, but if that doesn't work you either pull the ignition fuse from the trunk or one of the fuel pump fuses. Most of these guys probably have no idea about that though. At minimal I carry a 5lb strapped into the babyseat when I race if I need to buy some time.

Looks like the car has a Livernois pulley on it.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
If that's my car, I'm being a lot more proactive than that driver was. Grab an extinguisher yourself rather than stand around hoping the track guys do it.

qft. It wasn't like there weren't a half dozen extinguishers there to work with. The whole drama with him didn't seem like it was worth it for the proportion of what he was doing. Them hosing the engine down probably did more damage than him just leaning under the car afterwards and spraying it down in the middle where the trans area was. The engine didn't seem to see much of any of it.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Deserved to have it burn down for leaving that yellow shit on the front bumper. :s00ls:
FB_IMG_1564885570169.jpeg

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
i have this in my car
https://www.pointmeby.com/2016/09/16/mount-fire-extinguisher-car-bracketeer-review/

pulled twice now, intel actually has a video of me pulling it on track for an rx8 on fire. wasn't actually used either time though.

on race track it doesn't look like corner workers or fire truck will be hitting you with an extinguisher anywhere near as quickly as you can do it yourself.

video is pretty wild, can't believe the owner starts copping an attitude even if he got one in the first place, have some more concern for the car than being tough. also amazing how everyone is just doing absolutely nothing for so long. that's pretty shocking.

Gotta say that seat mount is pretty cool. Am I wrong in that it seems like the owner doesn't start flipping until someone points out his car isn't insured if it's on the track?

Also, update from annoying guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDgpyYBvuDY

Betting I could get that thing running with a gear box and a decent amount of plastic shit provided the engine didn't get a bunch of water in it from the fire hose. She's not that cooked.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
If the car was bone stock, its possible Dodge might cover it under warranty based on the cause of the fire. After all, they did certify its a 9 second car.

Though with the video and how slowly he reacted with the "let it burn" comment, they might just give him a giant middle finger as with swifter action there might have been way less damage.

But insurance is going to say FU, not covered.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
Am I wrong in that it seems like the owner doesn't start flipping until someone points out his car isn't insured if it's on the track?

i don't understand why is isn't pleading with the main guy or the other dudes or grabbing an extinguisher frantically around himself, i also don't understand why the other guys aren't simply expressing a lot more interest in what is going on and more interested in shutting it down either. the whole thing is odd all around

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
The driver looked like your typical broke dick tough guy with more money than brains. Who picks a fight when their car is burning.

The track guy was a dick head that things lining cars up at the track makes him important.

The guy taking the video wants to be youtube famous.

Pretty much all true stereotypes. Left the fucker burn.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
If the car was bone stock, its possible Dodge might cover it under warranty based on the cause of the fire. After all, they did certify its a 9 second car.

Though with the video and how slowly he reacted with the "let it burn" comment, they might just give him a giant middle finger as with swifter action there might have been way less damage.

But insurance is going to say FU, not covered.

i do think this is the case but im REALLLLLY curious how it'd go down... i mean any broke dick (non-tcg member of course) is going to have a loan on that car... mandatory insurance on said car because of loan shit...

so say you owe 70k on 85k car.... (not upside down) and go haha it's totalled not my problem anymore... what's loan people do?

that's some litigation/law/bullshit/insurance stuff i dont want to think about :rofl:

the bank coming after you?

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
i do think this is the case but im REALLLLLY curious how it'd go down... i mean any broke dick (non-tcg member of course) is going to have a loan on that car... mandatory insurance on said car because of loan shit...

so say you owe 70k on 85k car.... (not upside down) and go haha it's totalled not my problem anymore... what's loan people do?

that's some litigation/law/bullshit/insurance stuff i dont want to think about :rofl:

the bank coming after you?

https://speedsociety.com/drag-racing-crash-at-track-leads-to-insurance-fraud/

shooot. dont do that :rofl:

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
The owner was a short Napeleon complex type personality. The safety workers are there to make sure you are safe so listen to them. They aren't going to risk their lives if you are acting like a douche. Good luck getting anything out of the track or insurance.

Lastly, no one commented on the guys camo'd Mustang? What an ugly car!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info