Track Day checklist and parts/tools call

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
Donating Member
Reaction score
I know most of the people here have been to the track before, but Im going to toss together a short list of things you should bring or need for racing on Saturday. Also, i know some people will need tools to work on their cars. Instead of 15 people bringing a floor jack, maybe only 3 need to bring one and we can share. :dunno:

If you are bringing something and would like to share, or need to borrow somthing, post up!

-You must wear pants to race, no shorts
-Make sure your junk doesnt leak any fluids, it takes a lot of time for them to clean up and makes you look like a dumbass.
-Byron doesnt tech hard, but you must have ALL lug nuts on every wheel. This is EXTREMELY dangerous to both you and the person in the other lane if something were to happen.
-If your car has wheel covers TAKE THEM OFF
-Make sure you have enough gas to race and then make it to the gas station afterwards (nearest station is about 2mi. away only)
-Helmet required for anyone running 13.99 or faster
-IF your car happens to break during a run, pull to the wall closest to you. This makes cleanup easier should your car drop any debris or fluids.

Just because Byron doesnt tech hard, or basicly at all, dont skimp on the saftey stuff. Maybe the 8sec car in the opposite lane takes off late, gets squirrely right out of the hole and plows into the side of your car. Im sure you would be glad to have a helmet on in this case.

OP
OffshoreDrilling

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
Donating Member
Reaction score
If anyone is bringing a floor jack, I would like to borrow it for less than 10 minutes. I need to lift the truck up to remove the cap on my cutout both before and after racing.

I Have to offer: ONE extra helmet, size large. Please let me know if anyone needs this or it will be left at home. I also have a camera mount that clamps onto your headrest posts if anyone would like to use it for the day.

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
If you break, immediately pull to the side. I'm sure anyone who visits the track regularly has seen someone bust a coolant hose and continue to coast down the entire track coating the whole surface with coolant.

OP
OffshoreDrilling

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
Donating Member
Reaction score
I have one I could bring, but im not going to be grilling. Byron sells reasonably priced food, and its pretty tasty as well.

Riski

Suck my balls!
Reaction score
True, I like the brats and ice cream! Some people might want to pool some cash together and grill out :dunnno:

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
I typically bring a torque wrench and assorted sockets for whatever I think will break that day. Anyone is welcome to use what I bring, come find me.

Handsome Jesus

A V6? What a ripoff...
Donating Member
Reaction score
-I'll have a full arrangement of craftsman sockets, as well as a 24" breaker bar and 250# torque wrench. as well as pliers and vice grips and wire cutters
-I have silicone tape (can hold 2000 psi and 1000*) in case of disaster or leaking hoses etc.
-I have heavy duty heat gloves for anyone that needs to drop hot exhaust. can withstand 500+ surface temperatures, and at least protect for a little while against getting burned.
-got a bunch of spark plugs for 3800s that are old but still ok. in case someone smashes up a piston.

I'm bringing my snowmobile helmet... dunno if it'll pass tech or not. not snell, but DOT... so dunno.

I also plan on bringing a 5 gallon jug of E85 with... maybe more. I dont know the availability of the stuff out there...

1FastWS6

Slow and only getting Slower...
Reaction score
Since I am not racing, I will be bringing the Durango so If anyone needs space your more than welcome to toss it in the back.

OP
OffshoreDrilling

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
Donating Member
Reaction score
That is the rule at every track. You can probably get away with it if you arent going faster than 13.5. Just dont be surprised if you get booted or asked to put a helmet on.

TonzKnock-G

Donating Member
Reaction score
I thought it was 12.99 since they never said anything at 41, but im guessing 41 dont care..

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Reaction score
We always bring a few sets of new plugs, jacks, and spare belts along with a cordless impact.
Ill have a few sets of GTO blockers as well.

If someone is willing to bring a grill Ill bring some burgers and dogs or something to share, but i wont have time to cook.

C

CurlysGTP

[/QUOTE]If someone is willing to bring a grill Ill bring some burgers and dogs or something to share, but i wont have time to cook.[/QUOTE]

what do you mean u wont have time ur not running anything:smile:

sp_dynasty

I AM THE STIG
Reaction score
ill have a jack and a small tool kit going up to a 19mm socket and i can bring an extra helmet if needed just lmk...

Jakeman17

Reaction score
I am gonna come. ill have the Comanche so i can take a bunch of stuff if anyone need. ill empty the bed. I will also have Sockets wrenches, breaker bar ect. I can bring a jack and jack stand if needed

Blownbyyou

Donating Member
Reaction score
Ill be bringing some basic tools (pliers, wrenches, screw drivers). Ill also be bringing

This Guy

If anyone wants to use it...

Handsome Jesus

A V6? What a ripoff...
Donating Member
Reaction score
Syp, I have 3 sets of said gloves. anyone is welcome to use them, I just want them back. cost me almost 20 a set...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom