🎵 Music Track-by-Track breakdown of some of the greatest songs - TheSession

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
So, I recently discovered Christian James Hand on a Tom Segura "Tom Talks" podcast:

CJH runs IG handle @thesessioniglive where he breaks down all the individual tracks of songs. He goes live on IG and once it's done, it's gone. No recordings of the sessions.

Last night, he broke down Tonic's If You Could Only See, which I always liked but when he broke it down, I have come to really appreciate it.

CJH's website:

https://thesessionwebsite.com/

and a fan made google sheet with lots of stats. There's a Soundcloud playlist with some of the radio spots he does on an LA radio Station, KLOS. He's done something like 700 or so songs. Check it out if you like music:

http://thesessionarchive.com/

I'd suggest turning on notifications for when he posts and goes live, since they are generally not recorded, so if you don't catch it live, it's gone.

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
A link to the KLOS Soundcloud sessions:

Also, he'll be doing a Metallica track tonight, 8PM. It'll be a Cliff Burton song.

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
I'm very late to the Dream Theater party, I've been aware of them but never gave them a listen. I remember working with a guy at a place from 97-07 that was a huge DT fan, he always wore DT shirts back then, that's where I heard of them first.

They have a new song and album coming:

Christian does a "Metal Monday" and did Constant Motion on Monday. It was pretty epic hearing it broke down track by track. Amazing musicians. There was an IG error on Monday and only about 150 people showed up in the live stream (usually it's closer to 1k most nights watching) and he'll be doing Constant Motion again on Monday the 6th, so any DT junkies should get in and check it out.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• blue-sun
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list