• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

TPMS Questions

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
I can't seem to get much reliable information online, so I thought that I'd throw the question out there for the few guys that have worked in tire shops, and are familiar...

I have an '08 Crown Vic, brand new tires. They have the band type sensors, and my buddy who did the tires said the sensors were bad, and to replace them would've been $75/tire. Fuck that shit. Now is it possible to run the valvestem sensors, on previously band type cars? There are rumors that they run on a different frequency and will not work, while others say all you need is a reconfiguration scanner tool. I'd like this light off my dash more than anything, and if it comes to it, and it's too much of a hassle, I'm just going to pull the bulb, before spending the $300 on new sensors.

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton
with those $35 sensors, do they come with a band? the band on the OE sensor doesnt come off without cutting. so make sure it comes with a band

i've got the tpms tools for reprogramming/figuring out which one is bad. depending on where you're at i could help you out.
PM me if you're interested

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
with those $35 sensors, do they come with a band? the band on the OE sensor doesnt come off without cutting. so make sure it comes with a band

i've got the tpms tools for reprogramming/figuring out which one is bad. depending on where you're at i could help you out.
PM me if you're interested

Good point, I forgot about the sensor being permanently attached to the band from the factory. Been a while since I dealt with those things.

I also have a tool in the south suburbs (Orland park) if need be.

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton
i'll take a look in my toolbox tomorrow. i might have a sensor and aftermarket band off a 2010 grand marquis that should be still good. it's yours if you want it (and i still have it :rofl:)

the aftermarket bands look like giant hose clamps. why they didnt come like that from the factory is beyond me :ford:

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
So I just looked at a 08 Lincoln with band sensors and now I do remember you can just change the sensor. However you cannot re use the band on a different wheel. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417634256.140956.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info