🔧 BUILD toyota wagon 3800

General Information

imma hack this bitch together in one month, and it'll take down dd's TR, HK's TR, pandawgs and 10sec's stock junk

:jg:

This started as a joke....and it still is....laughable at least....

But here is an index of what is going on with the 3800 insanity

Removal of 5mge/4spd auto.

1688936986880.png

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
couple primary's are welded, gonna adjust number 1 some more but 5 is set just needs to be welded and trimmed to length, 3 is good to go
i basically have to weld up a steel lower hose and since it'll fit with a bit of work with the air hammer im gonna go ahead and use the mustang radiator, ill run the upper coolant pipe downb the pass side of the motor
bundleofsnakes2.jpg

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
you know what would would be a cool idea? see that #1 primary tube and how close it is to the alternator? weld little nuts to that exhaust tube so that later you can bolt on a small exhaust shield (because god knows ford alternators burn up easy enough without the extra heat)

Ford?

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
you know what would would be a cool idea? see that #1 primary tube and how close it is to the alternator? weld little nuts to that exhaust tube so that later you can bolt on a small exhaust shield (because god knows ford alternators burn up easy enough without the extra heat)

closest it gets is 2inches about 1.5inches from the port, the merge will be ~5inches above it
i was actually gonna bolt the shield to the two bosses on the back iof the alternator. im stuck using a steel pipe for the WP feed so i could just as easily weld it to that then my lower hose can bolt on lol

yes thats a ford alternator from a 97 4.6, tensioner/idler from a 66 thunderbird, has a ford trans mount, trans from an 89/90 2.8v6 Fbody, it'll be getting a shortened 87 GN driveshaft tube, the exhaust tubing is from two old sets of sbc headers with pieces from the ttgt's first TT setup, it'll be getting a saturn PS pump and ive used ~12 bolts from an old turbo dodge. engine wiring harness if from a 90 olds trofeo modified to work with a 98-02 obd2 harness and PCM

stock junk held together with bailing wire, duct tape, zipties, bubblegum
Spare Parts And Misc......I give you....the SPAMwagon :fy:

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
* new brass/copper mustang radiator from jamies new 85 roller...he also has another new radiator just like this in his garage too :rofl:
* radiator cap and radiator hoses (used 1 year, years ago lol) from my old 86 F150/350 frankentruck
* lower radiator pads with a chrysler logo (prob from the intrepid when i got a junkard radiator/fan setup or from the old lebaron GTS)
* misc used and new hose clamps
* chevy header tubes welded into a lower radiator hose
pics of the pass side in a bit, fitting the last 2 pieces now

here we go, drivers
driverssidetubularheader3800swappedcressidawagon.jpg

pass side
passengersidetubularheader3800swappedcressida.jpg

you can make out the lower radiator hose
passengersideheader.jpg

junk
tubularheaders3800SIL67swapped84cressidawagon.jpg

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
okay ill just weld em up as is (trimed/adjusted etc) then start on the other stuff, i know where the exhaust has to go to clear a t4 i have on the shelf so i should have no problem with planning for eventual cutting for what dd's donating to the SPAMwagon.

trans cooler lines, measure shifter cable, dig through misc buckets for a pair of wbody uper radiator mounts (would work perfect witht eh mustang radiator), start doing the fan/wiring harness (bitch at hk for still having both PTs) and start mounting/plumbing the toyota sensors in with the obd2 sensors for the toy cluster.
steal mech speedo drive from other 700r4 sitting in my garage (pcm wont be controlling the trans so no need for vss input/trans controls).
yank it back out for final welding of motor plates, finish welding up alt mount.
put a couple more dents in the oil pan then final install it with a SII gasket/windage tray, put on the intake n slap the topend together.
cutdown oem SI l67 acc bracket
toss in run rubber hose to fuel rails, fire it up, catches fire, burns down like wbody
would be nice to see zoomies gattlin' along on a 3800 lol
thank god i have 2 fire extinguishers :jg:

Thread Info