🔧 BUILD toyota wagon 3800

General Information

imma hack this bitch together in one month, and it'll take down dd's TR, HK's TR, pandawgs and 10sec's stock junk

:jg:

This started as a joke....and it still is....laughable at least....

But here is an index of what is going on with the 3800 insanity

Removal of 5mge/4spd auto.

1688936986880.png

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
Thanks unfortunately she has a bad habit of kicking me in the nuts. It's just one damned thing after another but what I'm battling is a systemic electrical issue that has been the primary reason I got the car in the first place besides the rod knock.

I'm having a lot of odd voltage back feeding issues to the point where some instrument cluster malfunction indicator Flickr or change brightness even when not active.

I pretty much recently just removed a ton of current load off of the factory wiring which means my powertrain runs fine however at this point not having certain components of my interior function properly sucks.

Figuring out that the factory diagram wire colors are more of a rough ballpark/suggestion is not making me happy since I am literally having to verify circuits point to point.

Yay

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
so yeah, i sorta forgot a long, looong. time ago i hardwired the oe toyota relay closed....becuase 45$ relay that no one stocks.

well i found it....and remembered. so now the wiper and engine fuse arent constantly hot.....i think i did this back when ui was still fucking with the 5mge....and id just disconnect the battery everywhere id drive it.

well after i picked up all my crap that the wipers swept onto the floor is when i actually decided to tackle that feature......

sweet memory james :angrys00ls:

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
i finally figured out the charging problem....the toyota charge light bulb is much higher resistance than the ford bulb would be.

i jumpered straight 12v to the chrg fuse and boom 14.8v

i did manage to blow a fuse in the interior panel when trimming out some oem ECU stuff behind the glovebox.

still lots of live circuits everywhere and i still have to do some daisy chaining of the oem cm harness to get the GM MIL to trigger the toyota engine light.

i may have found and fixed the voltage beckfeed issue but we'll see. i still have a key off draw i have to track down.

but ill fucking drive it and just pull the battery cable when i park

not like i didnt have to do that with the 5mge....

the more things change, the more they stay the same.....

Reactions: HILROD

Thread Info