🔧 BUILD toyota wagon 3800

General Information

imma hack this bitch together in one month, and it'll take down dd's TR, HK's TR, pandawgs and 10sec's stock junk

:jg:

This started as a joke....and it still is....laughable at least....

But here is an index of what is going on with the 3800 insanity

Removal of 5mge/4spd auto.

1688936986880.png

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
well fuck. ive current loaded a buncha circuits i can get to the ends off with a test light, voltage drop is horrible on some ckts, some not even through the main relay or ign switch.....this is all older spade/packard connectors as well as the toyota round barrel connectors with their version flat terminals inside.

well ive found more than a few that are loose, since i got the car with the electrical problem i know it had been looked at by several shops before i bartered for it.

so far ive got all the GM stuff with standalone fuses and relays, as soon as i can easily get under the dash im gonna use one of my 70 amp relays to power the main IGN ckt which will bypass the ignition switch and the fuse panel for the cluster and the OBD2 connector....which is powered by the OE ECU power feed....yay

i need to grab a cavalier or saturn fusebox next time im at the yard and ditch alot of useless OEM stuff, and gest me away from toyota only relays

that and my 140w soldering gun is on the fritz, yay

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
added pins 23 and 24 on the clear connector (side of the pcm with the screw on cover)
23 is crank (hot in crank only) 24 is IGN2 v (hot in run and start)

the harness has extra wires not pined out but maybe i just remember the year of the harness wrong, if this was a later harness it may be different. odd thing is i have a pink/blkat pin 67 on the blue connector (side of the pcm with the cooling fins/die cast alum case)
so that may have been the ign2 v feed .

like i said before i really need to do a pinout for all type diagram for us 3800 yokels

figured out my roundabout way i gotta trigger the Malfunction indicator lanp....and if im gonna put off finishing the tcc sw and ckt out (im controlling the 700r4 lockup with the 4t65e lockup)

im ending up with a loop of wires but i can always shorten em in the future, if i care enough.

im shooting for startup and hopefully some "is it ficksed" diagnostics sunday.
:james:

Reactions: Mr_Roboto

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
sooooo the factory toyota service manual for an 84 cressida.....is just a guide.

actually more of a suggestion....probably not even that.

at least as far as wire colors/tracer color.

ive found a few small differences till now....but the main damn power lines, are labeled backwards, the fat white wire is actually the white with red tracer. and the white with blue, and other white and blue, is actually the white wire....and white/blue dots....is the white/blue tracer.

are you fucking kidding me

i love what you do to me, toyoduh

#$%@!

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
i seriously have 4 red with yellow tracer wires in this harnesss that arent shown ANYWHREER IN THE DAMN OE SERVICE MANUAL
I recently learned that Honda PURPOSELY scrambles their connector numbers on the diagrams to fuck with average Joes who don't know any better. Once you figure out the puzzle it's not bad, but still really stupid. I feel your pain.

Reactions: Rdrnnr

Thread Info