🔧 BUILD toyota wagon 3800

General Information

imma hack this bitch together in one month, and it'll take down dd's TR, HK's TR, pandawgs and 10sec's stock junk

:jg:

This started as a joke....and it still is....laughable at least....

But here is an index of what is going on with the 3800 insanity

Removal of 5mge/4spd auto.

1688936986880.png

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
trans shifter was in a box with my other sbc stuff

ripped it apart to test fit it center console is gonna be hacked up but it'll clear the rear console portion with the hand brake
IMG_0430.jpg

im going to have to rework a buncha shit...kinda 50/50 on getting rid of the ps pump and running the gearbox manually, would eliminate a bit more fabrication for the ps pump bracket id have to make.
looks like the ford alternator is the best compromise for fit and ease of making a new bracket. drivers side header is going upward, no choice, ive went through tons of bracket/acc configurations and this makes the most sense esp if i ditch the ps.
IMG_0431.jpg

at least if i end up getting jamies manual rack and converting to front steer i wont have to modify the header/alternator mount
IMG_0428.jpg

here's the problem with the oem SI L67 alternator
tootall.jpg

the portion of the oem bracket outlined in red is probably the only piece ill be keeping...ill just cutoff the rest and throw it in the aluminum pile....i should prob just delete the power steering though
IMG_0432.jpg

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
well this puppy should help me use one of the belts i have it stock ar at least let me use the first belt i pickout lol...pretty good blower belt wrap if i keep it over to the left. btw that adjustable idler stand is a part from a 66 thunderbird
now i gotta go warranty that alternator from a ford 4.6 so i can drill the ear and make the bracket for it. i could start on the drivers side header but i wanna knock this alternator out so i have a final position/height
then i gotta hackup the oem bracket to just a tensioner assembly...gonna forget about the PS pump for now i can deal with manual steering for a while
newbracketandtensioner.jpg

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
made a mount for the b&m in all its rusty glory, it also blocks off the oem hole had to modify the console a bit lol
IMG_0440.jpg

alternator mount has a couple more holes to be drilled and 2 pices trimmed of excess and then welded ondep on how strong that is i might also weld a tab on the backside of the lower mount to bolt to a motor plate to block bolt, kinda hard to see it but you can see the lower mount bar
drivers side header is ready for the primary's to be welded its all cut and labeled just gotta do some grinding and final assembly/last adjustments
IMG_0437.jpg

Thread Info