🔧 BUILD toyota wagon 3800

General Information

imma hack this bitch together in one month, and it'll take down dd's TR, HK's TR, pandawgs and 10sec's stock junk

:jg:

This started as a joke....and it still is....laughable at least....

But here is an index of what is going on with the 3800 insanity

Removal of 5mge/4spd auto.

1688936986880.png

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
yeah Handsome Jesus Handsome Jesus said id be able to find something rusty and chopable down at the buick farm.

id also have to use buick front corner lamps unless i weld a panel in and reduce em down to the toyota units size.

it was a bastard and im sure i crossthreaded one bumper hole but the fuckers together 3 bloody days

only sticking point now is i can find/remember where the plates are, so i gotta go through it and find them in time to buy new tags

but at least the front plate mount is on!

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
Awesome yesterday I realized that I popped all of my rocker trim clips while I was loading the vehicle down with scrap metal and forcing the fender lips upward and outward.
So I need to order some of those...

I had the nice Joy of discovering that the torque converter clutch does indeed function on my 700r4 transmission.
I was able to do 65 miles an hour at only 2300 RPM instead of 2,800.

It got really tiring shoving The Wire into the center of the cigarette lighter socket to get power to the solenoid.

Some time figuring out how the Toyota overdrive switch is wired which is completely ass-backward of what you want but I believe if I end up redoing the circuit orientation in regards to the "on" illumination lamp I can get a switched positive 12 volts that also turns on the light.

Random clicking behind the dash is still indicating to me that I have not located the main electrical problem that continually kills the battery.

Damnit

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
Does anyone know of any really tall Cliffs nearby?

Governor is definitely sticking on the trans.

I was doing some testing in the industrial park while dropping the 442 Knuckles off to be yellow zinc plated....

Trans fluid does not taste well there is definitely varnish coming off inside the trans....

• Sad
Reactions: v6buicks

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
And plenty of good news. My lesson in how cut to fit mirrors look like fun house mirrors when you actually install them led to buying an actual made-in-the-usa Burco reproduction passenger mirror with the correct curve. It's definitely glass, ended up costing under forty bucks.

Had the car up on the lift the other day at Harry's on Rand and some of my noises are the fact that my exhaust has stress relieved enough that it is hitting the unibody on the driver side in the rear and the drive shaft on the passenger side in the front. When I welded This Together there was a thumb width clearance between the drive shaft and the exhaust.

I need to make at least two cuts and reweld it.

On the other side of things I've done some testing and my air intake is definitely screwing with my feeling just based off of the offset throttle bar and the 2 1/2 inch pipe entering in.
I believe that it might be causing the air to stall at the maf sensor filament wires somehow with how it's hitting the throttle body entry

So now it's time for 3 in
20220601_185758.jpg

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
holy hell what a difference a half inch makes to the ol' gal

first i brought everything with me to work...ecept the 3in to 3 inch coupler, i brought the damn clamps, no coupler.
said fuckit and drove to cody's on the TB portion of the intake tube.

everythings differnt
trims all over the place, i expected this as i had indications the 2.5inch intake (a holdover from the ol intercooler piping i deleted) was screwing royaly with the maf readings.

still no intake noise, i cant hear shit yay 44mm tb!

exhaust, buzz point is about 180rpm lower from the begining of the "3800 braapp" as it was with the 2.5inch.

where before it was far more staccato now is far more muddled, idle sounds noticably better.

then ya floor it....and promply remember the 700r4 aint longed fer this world...

muuuuch betta

factory she's a 165hp and 210 ftlbs low rpm tq monster.
dont know what the full stupid headers/exhaust and intake are worth but when it went into the i had ragged the ports and port matched everything and i cleaned up this intake when i installed/flipped it.

running 99 regal L67 file, l36 timing for now. L67 injectors

the 4.10 rear makes 1st bloody useless.

and for some god damned reason i think the drivers seat shrank like the bumper did, its not as big as it was 10 years ago

Thread Info