🔧 BUILD toyota wagon 3800

General Information

imma hack this bitch together in one month, and it'll take down dd's TR, HK's TR, pandawgs and 10sec's stock junk

:jg:

This started as a joke....and it still is....laughable at least....

But here is an index of what is going on with the 3800 insanity

Removal of 5mge/4spd auto.

1688936986880.png

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
Bump for an update!

ratsnestof250wires.jpg

frank_ster said:
its actually out of a parkavenue

Why take a newer Subaru and put a SI 3800.... some fail there

its not a SI, that my friend is the 97/88 LG3 3.8 the first born son of the LC2

Well, the same could be said about replacing the 7M from the Cressida with a 3800. I'd bet money there are way more 500+hp 7Ms running around in various vehicles than there are 500+ hp 3800s.

Sometimes it's just fun to do something different.

....thats the later year cressida's this piece of shit has the 5mg/5mge...which at least doesnt blow headgaskets by the truckload like the 7m's.
because of the 7m's issues many swap to the other engines that can handle 500+hp far more readily thatn the 7m, at the cost of several thousand dollars if you can find the limited production parts for the correct pattern bellhousings/pans etc,etc
its a pice of shit 84 wagon...but at least its rust free, cheep and rwd...found out the suspension is the same as the ae86's as they are refered to.
its at least worth tossing a good 3800 lt1 killa into :jg:

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
there's alot of ozzies and zealanders on this cressida forum that would disagree with ya a bit.
i cant believe there's a cressida centered forum out there, i offered my 84 trans for free + shipping and no one's interested...not even the bellhousing is worth anything :rofl:

i swear im the only 81-84 cressida wagon in the state of IL

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel

Chrisco

is a work in progress
Jan 26, 2008
Downers Grove, IL.
there's alot of ozzies and zealanders on this cressida forum that would disagree with ya a bit.
i cant believe there's a cressida centered forum out there, i offered my 84 trans for free + shipping and no one's interested...not even the bellhousing is worth anything :rofl:

i swear im the only 81-84 cressida wagon in the state of IL

There are thousands of people on Supraforums that would disagree with me, too; but that doesn't make them right. The worst problem 7M powered vehicles ever had were their owners. You may as well bundle them right in with the DSM crowd as being some of the cheapest people in the world. They wanna go fast so they throw boost at the thing without doing simple preventative maintenance, and then cry that the engines aren't reliable when a 20+ year old head gasket on factory torque specs fails, or when oil seals go on the turbo and starve the engine, etc. etc.

This has nothing to do with my opinion about your particular build because I do like seeing things done differently.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
the same can be said for alot of quasi-gearheads :rofl:

a few new pics
fuuuunnnnnn
IMG_0453.jpg

my solution for the 27 yo strut mounts
IMG_0454.jpg

figured out the turbo downpipe/dump...goes to show ya when you build it yourself you can fit a 4" DP in anything
IMG_0451.jpg

edit: almost forgot i scored these vintage machinist dial indicator/scribe stands at the junkyard the other day...found em in the bed toolbox of a beatup s10...paid 20$ for them and a pair of 3800 pcm pigtails....:fy:
oldindicatorstands.jpg

today after freezing my ass off for a few hours working on the semi i finally got the old truck computer monitor and actually set it up today....soooo much nicer than wasting time flipping back and forth between wiring diagrams and the book lol
dualmonitorbitches.jpg

Thread Info