Nov 6, 2013
fb8274c21cd27c2965d0734c1d41d6b3.jpg

Best Subaru of all time

1998-subaru-impreza-22b-sti.jpg

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
new article yesterday https://jalopnik.com/scion-fr-s-and...low&utm_campaign=socialflow_jalopnik_facebook

Tsui’s case doesn’t appear to be particularly rare, as he notes in his story that, per the thread “Failure After J02 Recall: Registry Thread” on the FT86 Club forum, 17 owners have reported engine issues—and even total engine failures in some cases—after having had the recall fix done. Fifteen of those cases, he states, involved Scions, while two involved Subarus. Since then, the thread’s claims have jumped to 24, with three being BRZs and the remainder FR-Ss.

frs sold about 2.5:1 to brz, whole lot more failboats though.

still trying to chase down a misfire on cylinder 2 on mine. if it's surgery that the recall would do most of that would be convenient, if it's not then hopefully she be fixed soon and i'll just drive all summer and maybe do this recall at the end after subaru techs have had a bunch of practice.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
new article yesterday https://jalopnik.com/scion-fr-s-and...low&utm_campaign=socialflow_jalopnik_facebook

Tsui’s case doesn’t appear to be particularly rare, as he notes in his story that, per the thread “Failure After J02 Recall: Registry Thread” on the FT86 Club forum, 17 owners have reported engine issues—and even total engine failures in some cases—after having had the recall fix done. Fifteen of those cases, he states, involved Scions, while two involved Subarus. Since then, the thread’s claims have jumped to 24, with three being BRZs and the remainder FR-Ss.

still trying to chase down a misfire on cylinder 2 on mine. if it's surgery that the recall would do most of that would be convenient, if it's not then hopefully she be fixed soon and i'll just drive all summer and maybe do this recall at the end after subaru techs have had a bunch of practice.

Best comment:

Man, supra owners are going to have a GREAT time with toyota techs working on their BMW engines....

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL

Bring it in for the recall, hope they grenade the motor and replace it under warranty, problem solved!

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
Bring it in for the recall, hope they grenade the motor and replace it under warranty, problem solved!

i was actually 'hoping' chip on valve or something would explain it, and just be like hey fellas, while you're already in there...

so far still exploring and no explanation yet. leakdown 88-87-88-88 so slight but probably meaningless difference on #2 and seems pretty healthy for giving it the beans all these years

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Whoopsie.

This Scion FR-S Went Up in Flames After Doing the Valve Spring Recall - The Drive

According to Mike, he took his car in to Toyota of Berkeley for the service on January 29, got the car back and, much like myself, didn't think anything of it for a couple of weeks. On February 17, three hours into a drive on California's Highway 1, Mike "tapped the brakes to slow down" at around 25 to 30 mph before feeling the rear tires of the FR-S give out and seeing the traction control light flash, which was peculiar given the low speed and dry conditions.

Taking his foot off and on the brake again produced the same result. Suspecting a brake issue, he then downshifted from third to second gear. "After second was engaged, heard a pop, saw the hood jump up as if something inside hit it," he wrote.

After coasting around a hairpin turn, Mike apparently began to "feel my feet and legs get burning hot." He then "saw flames through the window coming from the driver's side tire well." So he stopped and exited the vehicle ASAP. "Fire spread and engulfed the entire car. Total loss."

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info