đź“° Auto News Toyota GR Yaris Breaks Cover With 257 Horsepower, All-Wheel Drive

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
a car with modern safety features, awd, and 2900 lb curb weight is pretty impressive
I agree. The fact that the addition of the AWD system still has it sitting just under 2900lbs is impressive.

And lets talk bout the brakes. Fucking 350mm x 25mm pizza's on the fronts in a 2900lb car is rediculous. With race pads and fluid I can't see anyone needing to upgrade the actual brake hardware. Ought to stop it dead nuts track day after track day.

The Fiesta ST is already a pretty fun package, but that's just about 200hp in a 2800lb package. This is another 60hp and it has AWD, with optional Torsen front/rear diffs. Ought to be a riot on smaller auto-x and super technical tracks.

I love Homologation rules!

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
i'd prefer 17s vs. 18s, although i'm guessing you can't actually fit 17s over 350mm

my brz is 2800 with 328x28 rotors and i simply have zero worry about them ever. interestingly enough they (and my oil) are both warmer at blackhawk than gingerman or any autobahn config.

also not sure what i should do with it. did 19 track days iirc in 2019. 2020 new job, living in the city, car having some spark issue somehow that never really got fixed; drove like 15 days all year, 2 or 3 on a track. 2020, problem remains, i'm not in the country. buddy runs kmiata and is swapping a k into another track bro's brz. my car is simply sitting right now in a garage. may just send it over to kmiata. i'm like 195 whp, stock k i think is 220+ whp and some easy mods to get some more n/a power. not sure how this works with things like emissions if i end up with a frankencar tho

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
i'd prefer 17s vs. 18s, although i'm guessing you can't actually fit 17s over 350mm

my brz is 2800 with 328x28 rotors and i simply have zero worry about them ever. interestingly enough they (and my oil) are both warmer at blackhawk than gingerman or any autobahn
I can tell you my 355mm rotor and 4 piston brembo caliper is maaaybe 5mm of clearance on 18” wheels. Obviously offset and wheel configuration matter but I just don’t see it happening with a 17

Reactions: sickmint79

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike

IceCreamAssassin

When in doubt, throttle out
TCG Premium
Jan 28, 2011
Cary
IceCreamAssassin IceCreamAssassin my little brother inlaw is a flat brim white sunglasses vapin Subaru nerd and hes had tons of really nice one but they all blew up.

Id compare them to the 3800 Wbodies. Cool cars glass transmissions.

Subarus. Cool cars garbage engines.
I just disagree that it’s cooler than any Subaru ever. That is all.
PS sorry about your BIL, that sounds awful to deal with.

Reactions: Rent Free
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info