• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

🔧 Technical Towing Thread

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I say this all the time... But in reality I'd use it 3 times a year Maybe... Love borrowing shit... Aka bartering for usage.

Everyone who has equipment I borrow has trucks that are broke.
Facts!!!
I bought mine thinking I would use it a lot more and I've used it maybe 3 times since April. Thankfully my guy lets me park it at his tire shop.
So its not in the way at the house.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Also speaking of trailers, I want to go pick mine up and see if its easier to back it up being I can see the trailer now.
It was sooooo fucking hard in my Silverado as I couldnt really see the trailer outside of my mirrors. Where I park it, I have to back in between a RV and a boat and not a lot of room

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
In OP's case it's worth buying his own aluminum trailer because he'll be at or above his tow capacity, above his max tongue weight, and possibly above his payload capacity

An alum trailer is cheaper than wrecking truck/trailer/racecar after an emergency lane change.

nah fam he fine other guys do it

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
nah fam he fine other guys do it
If it was a regular colorado I could maybe see pushing it (i personally wouldn't do it though), but with that soft zr2 suspension, fuck that. Even in half ton at4's with impressive towing capacities you can feel that suspension with a trailer behind you.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
If it was a regular colorado I could maybe see pushing it (i personally wouldn't do it though), but with that soft zr2 suspension, fuck that. Even in half ton at4's with impressive towing capacities you can feel that suspension with a trailer behind you.
half ton at4's don't really have that impressive of tow ratings either though.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
my bil has a half ton at4, was towing his boat a pretty good distance., likely way over it's rating i'd bet, called me complaining about how sketchy it felt and asked if he should fill the ballast tanks on the boat (3klbs of water) to make it tow better.

Ugh Frustrated GIF by Equipe de France de Football

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
I say this all the time... But in reality I'd use it 3 times a year Maybe... Love borrowing shit... Aka bartering for usage.

Everyone who has equipment I borrow has trucks that are broke.
Same but this summer I finally had a deal come my way so I jumped on it. I have yet to get my car on my trailer. I've used it for a couple other things though and it if wasn't for free storage it would be gone. Doesn't help that I sold the car I was going to use it for either. Soooooo Lead Pipe Lead Pipe's trailer rental is open!

• Haha
Reactions: DEEZUZ and Yaj Yak

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

also, i was of course being sarcastic.

Reactions: FirstWorldProblems

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
Same but this summer I finally had a deal come my way so I jumped on it. I have yet to get my car on my trailer. I've used it for a couple other things though and it if wasn't for free storage it would be gone. Doesn't help that I sold the car I was going to use it for either. Soooooo Lead Pipe Lead Pipe's trailer rental is open!
Free storage. Lmao.

I can store anything and everything. I just don't have the duckets to buy shit. Lmao.

Thread Info