đź’¦ Detailing Touchless car wash?

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I'm a North sider, I have just gone to hand car wash places for years like Riverview and Glitz (had a different name for years).

But the lines are kinda nuts. How are touchless car washes and are there any you reccomend? How does touchless work?
Only my opinion. But I think touchless washes are only good for getting salt off or heavy mud/dirt. Cant really wash a car without touching it, right?
Even the hand washes all over the city are damaging your paint. Think about it, none do the 2 bucket wash, they use the same wash mitts and same bucket of soap/water on every car. Same wash mitt is used on the paint and the rims/tires. They do quantity over quality and rightfully so as the average Joe doesnt know better and they gotta make money only charging $15-$20.

There are places in the burbs not sure about the city that do a correct hand wash. But your paying $40-$60 to have it done correctly.

I know a guy that owned Riverview on Clybourn years ago. He used it as a drug front to clean his money. He got caught and went to jail lol.

Reactions: Yaj Yak

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Yeah I'm up for trying a touchless place to see how effective it is.

I think the owner of Riverview is Anthony (?), he used to work at Pierre's on Elston.
I heard someone from Pierres bought the place but wasnt sure who, I went to Pierres for years. Pierres has been there at least 20yrs now if not longer

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
Wash it yourself?
I'm a former detailer. In the winter, I'll either wash our cars with 1 of 2 methods.

Method 1 - run the cars through a touchless wash. There's one about 4 minutes from me and they do $1 off Wed. They have 4 levels of wash, from $4 to $10. The $6 and $8 wash include include the underbody rinse and all 4 levels include bad air drying.

Method 2 - depending on how cold it is, same carwash has 3 coin op bays, I'll either run it through the $4 wash or spend $4 in quarters to get the salt off the car. Then I'll drive it home, pull in the garage and use a rinseless wash to do a final wash.

The method I chose depends on alot, especially in the winter. How much time do I have? If I have time, I'll do method 2. If the weather is horrible and too cold to comfortably work in the garage, I'll do 1.

Reactions: SleeperLS

Huggerorange73

Big government pro Russian dude AKA Comrade Mike
Mar 29, 2011
Maricopa
SW Tattoo Mike if I had a driveway I'd wash it myself but I'm an alley guy unfortunately.

I really want to find a touchless with underbody on the North side.
Pamela Anderson tattoo John, wash it in the garage my guy.

I used to do the same thing when I lived in Shitcago.

• Haha
Reactions: greasy

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
Delta Sonics are touchless. I think the closest is Melrose Park if you travel that way. They will hand dry it for you for a tip. I only run my vehicles through soft car washes in the winter to remove salt. Then in the spring I am buffing and waxing the paint. The cut off for me to hand wash in the driveway is 40 degrees because any colder and the water freezes on the ground and it gets too dangerous with ice.

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
I watched a few episodes, couldn't get into it.
Aaron Paul What GIF by Breaking Bad

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info