Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
IMO, there isnt a real need for a mobile version. Most phones can handle the site with no problem. If you want it stripped down even more (especially if you only view on your phone), switch to the worksafe skin, and then turn off avs and images.

Jack

Admin
Staff member
Admin
TCG Premium
Dec 31, 1969
IMO, there isnt a real need for a mobile version. Most phones can handle the site with no problem. If you want it stripped down even more (especially if you only view on your phone), switch to the worksafe skin, and then turn off avs and images.

It's not about handling a site on a mobile phone (that's a poor user experience no matter how you skin it).. it's about being able to efficiently interact with the forums you're a member of. And that includes having push notifications, among other options.

Burtonrider10022

TCG Elite Member
Feb 25, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Real Name
Yes
I agree that the site is pretty user friendly for the full version. I mean shit, I can even upload attachments right off my phone storage or SD card. I more wish it had a larger font and bigger buttons. Nothing worth actually "complaining" about, I only mentioned it because we were on the subject.

And that doesn't just apply to this site, fyi. I wish more sites had full functionality but we're optimized for the smaller screens. I can't stand mobile sites with stripped functions though, like eBay mobile.

And Jack, I'm on a solid wifi connection right now and it won't post this reply...

Posted via Topify using Android

Jack

Admin
Staff member
Admin
TCG Premium
Dec 31, 1969
I agree that the site is pretty user friendly for the full version. I mean shit, I can even upload attachments right off my phone storage or SD card. I more wish it had a larger font and bigger buttons. Nothing worth actually "complaining" about, I only mentioned it because we were on the subject.

And that doesn't just apply to this site, fyi. I wish more sites had full functionality but we're optimized for the smaller screens. I can't stand mobile sites with stripped functions though, like eBay mobile.

And Jack, I'm on a solid wifi connection right now and it won't post this reply...

Posted via Topify using Android

Which phone are you using?

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

Jack

Admin
Staff member
Admin
TCG Premium
Dec 31, 1969
I got a PM saying "I’m reaching out to you because you've recently used Tapatalk on this forum", but I've never used Tapatalk, nor Topify. I prefer the actual desktop version for any site.

Yeah, sorry about that.. the query I wrote didn't do exactly what I thought it did :roflpicard:

It included anyone that had triggered a push notification to a tapatalk user.

Jack

Admin
Staff member
Admin
TCG Premium
Dec 31, 1969
I got as far as having to make a login. After checking it out as a guest I saw it only had tcg and none of the other forums I'm on I deleted it.

tumblr_mjyped7Lni1s03pwvo1_500.gif

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
nothing really i dont like about topify, it seems to be very user friendly. but i, like other dude stated, other sites im on ddont have it, so is it really worth having 1 app to cruise tcg and an other for all the other forums? no, not in my opinion. more than likely it will be deleted shortly.

The Pun

OG CSVT Guy
TCG Premium
Apr 12, 2004
I like how I can just go right into tcg from the home screen using tapa. Meaning an app of the forum. When Topify doses that then i'll check it out more.

If you pull open the slide out menu TCG should show up under My Forums. This is where your most visited forums will show up. The first time you open the App it will give you a tutorial or you can access it on the Slide Out Menu>Help.

Let me know if you have any other questions...

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I really need to get Jack a list of things but the number 1 thing missing is widgets and a one click button to the latest posts for a favorite forum.

Example: I have a widget for TCG, tap it and Im greeted with the newest posts. Might not seem like a lot but as an app I use A LOT, its a feature I cant do without.

Keep it simple. Having to swipe, slide, click, etc to get to what you want, is annoying (saying that in general, not anything in particular).

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
EXACTLY!

and get rid of HTML5 :hsughwiggle:

I just feel like Topify is so clunky and unorganized. I spend more time going into threads and navigating to the end just to find out my response was the last one. It takes me WAY longer to check for newer posts considering i have to click on every thread i responded to and navigate to the end.

Why waste all that time when i can simply open Tapa, take a quick look, and see if anyone has responded after me?

J-LO

TCG Elite Member
Jul 9, 2013
In Da Hood
i like tapatalk,

and its ad free, is topify and if it is, will it remain ad free? the last site i was on (bike forum) turned off tapatalk and forced anyone who wanted to view mobile to use there motorcycle one, which has adds. I no longer view that site via mobile device. so i barely visit that one anymore. is topify used on more then one forum? pointless to have something that is for just one site, what are those other sites? is there a list?

tapatalk has a server to upload photos too also so it does not add to TCGs bandwith if used. topify?

The Pun

OG CSVT Guy
TCG Premium
Apr 12, 2004
I really need to get Jack a list of things but the number 1 thing missing is widgets and a one click button to the latest posts for a favorite forum.

Example: I have a widget for TCG, tap it and Im greeted with the newest posts. Might not seem like a lot but as an app I use A LOT, its a feature I cant do without.

Keep it simple. Having to swipe, slide, click, etc to get to what you want, is annoying (saying that in general, not anything in particular).

I put it on the possible feature list but let me know if there is anything else you would like to see.

Thanks

Thread Info