Avondale, AZ
DearestAdoredIntermediateegret-max-1mb.gif

I dont get it either!

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
I watched it with a Redbox blu ray rental, weeks ago, I might add, not a loser. It sounded like shit to me and I doubted my older Bose sound bar. But then I found out after the fact that I could have chosen the sound type. I watched in Atmos when I don’t have Atmos. So I am renting it for THXG and will be enjoying it in non Atmos sound.

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
So I did a Redbox rental and tried changing the Audio from Atmos and it will only change it to 5.1 in another language. I started looking into why it would sound like shit and found out it’s because my Bose sound bar is older, it doesn’t have HDMI and uses an optic cable. Optic can’t process Atmos and will sound like it has no center channel which is where most of the dialogue comes from. We literally couldn’t make out words. So I am hooking my newer JBL sound bar and will see if that changes things.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Yeah, SPDIF TOSLINK is pretty much only good for DD 5.1 now. It can't even carry 5.1 LPCM, not enough bandwidth. Was a good standard back in the day, way better than using RCA cables for each channel. or RF Modulation over RCA as well.

HDMI 2.1 is where its at now, and for computers DisplayPort 2.0. Those are the only way to get the ultra high frame-rates if you want things like 144hz. So for home theater that will be the choice. For gaming, DisplayPort 2.0 is what they need to be pushing since that's where people will want things like 8k @ 120fps, or 4K @ 240fps..etc.

Thread Info