Movie Top Gun: Maverick

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
4K UHD disc releases on Nov 1st. Its been in my pre-order bin for a while. :)

Honestly, this is a movie that should be seen in theaters. But if you have a bad ass home theater, its better than cheapo theaters.

Unless you are seeing it in something like IMAX, Dolby AMC, Regal RPX..etc its not worth the price of admission.

Reactions: blue-sun

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
4K UHD disc releases on Nov 1st. Its been in my pre-order bin for a while. :)

Honestly, this is a movie that should be seen in theaters. But if you have a bad ass home theater, its better than cheapo theaters.

Unless you are seeing it in something like IMAX, Dolby AMC, Regal RPX..etc its not worth the price of admission.
Lol funny back in the late 90s when I was still in high school, I used to work at Best Buy in west Dundee. I worked in car audio/home audio for a bit and we would use the OG top gun laser disc to showcase the home audio setups in the special room we had that had the 4 or 5 systems for demo.

That was when Dolby digital was new I think. But I remember blasting that opening scene from the original Top Gun and just blowing peoples minds with it. Cerwin Vega for the win.

• Love
Reactions: Dan00Hawk and Jon01

Jon01

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 8, 2012
Lol funny back in the late 90s when I was still in high school, I used to work at Best Buy in west Dundee. I worked in car audio/home audio for a bit and we would use the OG top gun laser disc to showcase the home audio setups in the special room we had that had the 4 or 5 systems for demo.

That was when Dolby digital was new I think. But I remember blasting that opening scene from the original Top Gun and just blowing peoples minds with it. Cerwin Vega for the win.
My folks had a killer AV setup in the basement - with the laser disc and all - my dad loved to put the original on 12.

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
I still haven’t seen it. On prime it’s $20 watch in my undies or take the family to the movie theatre for $50 plus $20 popcorn but big big screen…
Pondering Season 9 GIF by The Office

Reactions: SleeperLS

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2010
North Aurora
I still haven’t seen it. On prime it’s $20 watch in my undies or take the family to the movie theatre for $50 plus $20 popcorn but big big screen…
Pondering Season 9 GIF by The Office

I’m usually that guy that would rather watch a movie at home. But my god Maverick was awesome and should be seen on the big screen at least one time. It’s that good.

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
Just watched it this weekend. Great movie, which is nice, especially with all the garbage that's been released for the past few years.
It was just a very well-done flick with focus on a good story which was executed well. Also no woke crap in it for a change, which is refreshing.
Will watch again.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I need to still see it, but at home is fine for me. Need to wait to neighbor isn’t home so I can use all my surround components.
Fuck the neighbors, watch it during the day or early evening. That will be the fucking day that I base what I'm watching or how loud I'm watching due to my fucking neighbors. I'd off myself before I worried about something like that.

• Haha
Reactions: Yaj Yak

cdh027

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 10, 2004
Sunny Florida
Fuck the neighbors, watch it during the day or early evening. That will be the fucking day that I base what I'm watching or how loud I'm watching due to my fucking neighbors. I'd off myself before I worried about something like that.
Like a good neighbor, Shawn1112 Shawn1112 is there. :ROFLMAO:

Thread Info