Movie Top Gun: Maverick

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
To say it is predictable is predictable in itself.

giphy.gif

Atomicles

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2008
Schaumburg
Do a fucking Pay Preview (a couple dates / times per week), then shoot it to traditional streaming for rent.

Waiting on Covid or the Theaters is fucking old elderly white hair, boomer mentality.

Use the technology to quickly get the product to market.

Fucktards.
Movies don't make anywhere near as much money through streaming/VOD as they do in the theatres. They spent over 150 million dollars on this movie. They don't give a fuck about what you want them to do. They're gonna do what they think will make them the most money. By releasing digital copies of the movie to the market immediately upon release, you allow piracy right away. Theatre exclusivity gives them a window to make money without having to worry about that. Or at least for the most part since most people hate cams. Until the public shows studios what they want with their buying power by not going to theatres and waiting until it's released digitally, or until the economy becomes so dire for theatres that they shut down, nothing is going to change.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
Movies don't make anywhere near as much money through streaming/VOD as they do in the theatres. They spent over 150 million dollars on this movie. They don't give a fuck about what you want them to do. They're gonna do what they think will make them the most money. By releasing digital copies of the movie to the market immediately upon release, you allow piracy right away. Theatre exclusivity gives them a window to make money without having to worry about that. Or at least for the most part since most people hate cams. Until the public shows studios what they want with their buying power by not going to theatres and waiting until it's released digitally, or until the economy becomes so dire for theatres that they shut down, nothing is going to change.

Down 43%, we shall see how well the theaters continue to pick up steam to pre-Covid numbers, which they should when the fear mongering MSM eventually changes their tune on Covid (no longer a political weapon) and starts referring to Covid as a disease.

Studios couldn’t give two shits about the public, “just give us your money” and the public couldn’t give two shits about them “just put on the damn show and entertain me, bitch.”

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I know it's a movie, but this annoys the shit out of me as a motorcyclist.
1648570901679.png

Aviators? Yeah, wind is getting past the nose pieces and your eyes are watering. No eye protection on the passenger? Yeah, it'll be like trying to look through Niagara Falls.

As a Naval Aviator you'd think he'd at least be wearing gloves to protect his hands. I get it they're not gonna slap helmets on them because the audience needs to see the stars, but talk about promoting a bad idea to younger riders...

I'll still be slapping down my hard earned cash to see it though. Nostalgia is a helluva drug and it's time to get off the wagon :ROFLMAO:

Thread Info