Movie Top Gun: Maverick

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Omfg!! And I thought racing was a fkn thrill? Daaannng?! Thanks for this ? totally can't wait for this!
Only thing I'm slightly annoyed with is the camera plane scene with the F-18 turning on the afterburners.

You can see how they sped the film up to make it look like it went to warp speed.

Reactions: chry*bmb

chry*bmb

You're a waste of my gas...
Apr 16, 2008
TN
Only thing I'm slightly annoyed with is the camera plane scene with the F-18 turning on the afterburners.

You can see how they sped the film up to make it look like it went to warp speed.

I saw another YouTube with a real f-18 pilot going through the 2nd trailer? Scene by scene explaining each part of the actual planes and people and etc? That is exactly what he said too! That it was obvious that it was "sped up" for viewing excitement as well, lol. Even spoke about the visors "Pete Mitchell" wore, lol. Pretty good video I saw. I know NOTHING about these planes, besides the few simple basics, so I take it all with excitement of a child ?

However, that clip of Cruise going on these test flights? You can see he's about to toss his cookies with that G-force, lol. Lord knows I'd pass out ? I'd been on some tricky shit before, it's fun AF! I'll see if I can find that clip?

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Bumping..

Anyway, one thing just hit me watching these. The helmets being used in this, which includes Maverick's old F-14 helmet, are no longer used by the Navy in F/A-18's. They now use a JHMCS (Helmet mounted cuing system). That is not what they're wearing in the trailers for this film.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Is 12/23 not December 23rd?

anchormanlol.gif

Thread Info