Movie Top Gun: Maverick

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Still need to watch. Been waiting for a deal on the 4k bluray, but no such deals have popped up. I feel like this would be a GREAT candidate for my PSVR2, if only I didnt have to listen to the audio thru fucking headphones.
Youre Outta Here Get Out GIF by The Maury Show

• Wow
Reactions: IDAFC21

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Still need to watch. Been waiting for a deal on the 4k bluray, but no such deals have popped up. I feel like this would be a GREAT candidate for my PSVR2, if only I didnt have to listen to the audio thru fucking headphones.
can you hook up your own headset at least? so it can not suck if you do need headphones?

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
can you hook up your own headset at least? so it can not suck if you do need headphones?

for some reason in Sony's infinite wisdom, they felt that in cinematic mode (ie just the large screen projection in front of your face), the only audio you should need should be routed thru the earbud attachments on headset, or a set of headphones, like their 3D pulse headphones, which I have, but I havent tried out yet. I did try to watch the opening scene of dark knight rises, and while it looked amazing, the sound thru the earbuds just killed it for me.

Reactions: Lord Tin Foilhat

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
for some reason in Sony's infinite wisdom, they felt that in cinematic mode (ie just the large screen projection in front of your face), the only audio you should need should be routed thru the earbud attachments on headset, or a set of headphones, like their 3D pulse headphones, which I have, but I havent tried out yet. I did try to watch the opening scene of dark knight rises, and while it looked amazing, the sound thru the earbuds just killed it for me.
sounds about right. Gotta keep ya tied into the ecosystem.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
I think you CAN use other headsets, but if I'm watching a fucking movie, and I've got a killer surround system, why would I wanna be tied to fucking headphones. In cinematic mode you don't need spatial audio capabilities, where the sound needs to change based on where your head is facing. Sony needs to fix that

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
I think you CAN use other headsets, but if I'm watching a fucking movie, and I've got a killer surround system, why would I wanna be tied to fucking headphones. In cinematic mode you don't need spatial audio capabilities, where the sound needs to change based on where your head is facing. Sony needs to fix that
go old fashioned and get a 3.5mm to an extension/converter and get it into an input on the receiver.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
This might be a discussion for another thread, but would that even be able to pass an atmos or even a basic 5.1 signal to the receiver?
Def not. I don't think any amount of RF Modulation over a 3.5mm jack could pass Atmos.

Basic 5.1? Technically yes, its how the old school Laserdiscs without built-in DD decoders passed a DD signal to Receivers. Just used a simple RCA jack.

Reactions: Yaj Yak and IDAFC21

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

i preordered it when it was about to come out and ordered an Ultra HD Blu-ray player

and i just got around to watching it.

Reactions: IDAFC21

Thread Info