too much knock..... false knock?

razors4us

Aug 15, 2021
same truck from "exhaust temp issues" post. figured id start a new post as ive somewhat fixed the exhaust issue.

got a couple short datalogs yesterday, but its pulling 8* of timing anything over 2400rpms at like half throttle or more. think its false kr? im going under the truck today and removing the exhaust from the downpipes back, going to see if something is touching somewhere and causing a bunch of false knock. otherwise im not exactly sure. im still working fueling out, but i cant get short terms to shut off? i have them disabled as far as i know. whats your guys thoughts?

Attachments

• from home depott.hpl
    579.8 KB · Views: 19

razors4us

Aug 15, 2021
alrighty. got a much longer log here. aside from very minor fuel changes, the only other thing i did differently between that last log and this log is i disabled closed loop and i went under the truck and moved an exhaust hanger(i found a spot where the exhaust was touching a crossmember).

i have 2 questions. does the pcm still listen for knock even if closed loop is disabled?

do you think the exhaust was causing the false knock?

this last log i actually felt a little more comfortable leaning on it a tiny bit as i didnt see any knock, and the fueling is getting very close in the deeper areas of the map....

Attachments

• much better i think.hpl
    3.3 MB · Views: 51

razors4us

Aug 15, 2021
fuck i just cant win with this truck. 1 step forward 2 steps back. i thought for sure i had taken care of the neck braking shifting that randomly happens but of course it reared its ugly head today on my way home. i didnt get a log of when it decided to start doing it but i started logging immediately after. fucking truck man im telling you. thought for sure that changing all those things chip told me to change in my tune would help. but nope. fucker shifts so hard now that the trans is properly tuned that it barks the tires on the 1-2 and the 2-3 even at super light throttle. fuckk! now what do i do? i did try to shut the truck off and start it back up again on the way home to see if it would go away but as the log shows, it persisted. so the first stretch i got i hammered it for a second cuz i was pist off at it. that didnt fix it either lol but i had to try. it seems like the closer i get to making this piece of shit a fun daily, the further i get from it. as always, log is posted guys.

Attachments

• well the trans still isnt happy.....hpl
    393.5 KB · Views: 62

razors4us

Aug 15, 2021
so. i think ive got it figured out.... i hope. i found a log that i had switched the key off before i stopped the log..... as soon as i turn the key off, the force motor goes straight to 96%. do you think i could have a bad connection at the force motor and its losing voltage randomly? gonna look more into it.... im starting to think its "no voltage" position is 96%..... fuck i dont know. shooting for straws here.

Kizzlebizz

Regular
Oct 26, 2020
Did you get the knock figured out?

Post your current tune file?

I chimed in the other thread about 8 degrees being it going into PE.

1633378616155.png

1633378313268.png

^^Thats your tune, when it goes into PE it'll immediately pull 8 degrees. ZERO that bitch out.

And re-enable narrow bands. Are you at least looking at a wideband?

sktchy

āš ļøšŸ« 
TCG Premium
Jul 27, 2021
Did you get the knock figured out?

Post your current tune file?

I chimed in the other thread about 8 degrees being it going into PE.

View attachment 101550

View attachment 101549

^^Thats your tune, when it goes into PE it'll immediately pull 8 degrees. ZERO that bitch out.

And re-enable narrow bands. Are you at least looking at a wideband?
Wait, won't that kill the knock sensors and if it's real knock he's gonna have a big problem? I mean I think I get what your trying to do here but...

Kizzlebizz

Regular
Oct 26, 2020
Wait, won't that kill the knock sensors and if it's real knock he's gonna have a big problem? I mean I think I get what your trying to do here but...

It's not real knock though. Burst knock would be real knock, and pull like maybe 3 degrees then recover, this is full 8 degrees like instantly. His tune has Power Enrich coming in with zero delay, the stock ramp in value, above 800 RPM, and over 50% throttle, which then forces the PCM to reference anything PE, including the "In PE spark" table. That table I'm saying zero out is only referenced in PE.

Reactions: sktchy

sktchy

āš ļøšŸ« 
TCG Premium
Jul 27, 2021
Your probably on to somethin I just don't like taking away the chance that there is something else goin on and they're keeping him alive lol. Maybe bump it down to a 6 and see if the timing it pulls follows suit before zeroing it out? Or up to a 10 and stay on the safe side?

Stock ramp in rate and timing sucks it basically pigs it out like it's got a turbo but in a shitty way, at least from what I've seen on my truck. Stock pe was .753 at like 14ā° up top. One way to keep em from eating themselves when pulling stuff I guess.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info