1607644045902.png

MLaXvTc.jpeg

Haiden Christianson coming back to play Vader in the Kenobi show

fXRNP1h.jpg

t4gLV0h.jpg

eB7dhcD.jpg

Taika Waititi writing and Directing his own Star Wars movie

lhbNhbK.jpeg

Wonder Woman Director Patty Jenkins will Direct Star Wars: Rogue Squadron coming to theaters Christmas 2023

PdEWBtA.jpeg

Reactions: BS ISF and Aircal

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Since we don't have it's own thread (or at least I couldn't find it) and it appears no one cares, I'll post it here.

Andor, the Rogue One spinoff, has wrapped production.

Reactions: bmoore04

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
Live action or animated?

I'm a lifelong star wars fan, but I could never get into the animated stuff.

CG/Live Action, I'm in. Animated, naw, I'm good.

I've tried a few times to watch Clone Wars, and I've heard it gets WAY better, but I just can't get into it, enough to get to where it gets good. I may give it another try someday, but for now, meh on all the animated.

Ironically enough, I really dig the What If animated series and I was NEVER a comic book guy growing up.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Live action or animated?

I've tried a few times to watch Clone Wars, and I've heard it gets WAY better, but I just can't get into it, enough to get to where it gets good. I may give it another try someday, but for now, meh on all the animated.

Ironically enough, I really dig the What If animated series and I was NEVER a comic book guy growing up.

The clone wars miniseries that came out before episode 3 was good IMO. It’s on Disney plus and only takes about 2.5 hours to get through.

I’m starting to think Lucas was the original Nagy. Not the actors fault. They were given shit to work with and made the best of it.

bmoore04

TCG Elite Member
Jul 30, 2010
Winfield IL
Live action or animated?

I had a similar view for a long time. Finally last year I landed a job in which I wasn't being given work to do so I started watching clone wars at work. After seeing the entire thing id say any starwars fan is crazy not to watch it.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Live action or animated?

Took me a few times too with Clone Wars but it was WELL worth it.

Reactions: IDAFC21

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
As much as I initially wanted to dislike Clone Wars, (and later Rebels) that was mostly due to the feeling that it was aimed at a child like audience. And to be fair, significant portions of it are. Early Clone Wars is like that with some very child like episodic stories.

But it ramps up fast and at times gets downright near full on War Drama and becomes something very easy to invest time and emotional attachment to the characters.

Clone Wars is the BEST example of Anakin's fall. EP2 and 3 are over dramatized cartoonish depictions of Anakin falling. In comparison the CGI toon depicts a very real and at times even justified reason for Anakins fall. The War chips away at him bit by bit until his extreme choices can almost make sense. Then you watch EP3 and it ruins all that development.

I really think they should have taken a break between two and 3 and used Clone Wars to build up to the fall, and EP3 should have been 100% about finishing it.

Thats okay though. The final 4 episodes of Clone Wars are fucking amazing.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info