Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/06/07/uncharted-movie-release-date-december-2020

Sony Pictures announced a holiday release date Thursday for the action-adventure film based on the Naughty Dog video game franchise, which has Spider-Man star Tom Holland set to play a younger version of fortune hunter Nathan Drake.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Uncharted opens in North American theaters on December 18, 2020.

That release date pits the film against Steven Spielberg's remake of West Side Story and the untitled sequel to Coming to America.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I think he's got potential... He's fantastic as Spiderman.

I saw something (on Looper maybe?) that showed he is a trained dancer, does parkour, trained in different fighting styles, and stuff that would make him a great action star. Seems to be a pretty good actor. I don't know anything about Nathan Drake, but assuming it is a video game about a fortune hunter, I bet it will include plenty of action.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
And round and round we go :LOL:

Deadline reports that due to “scheduling” issues, Travis Knight, the director of Bumblebee, will soon join the growing pile of directors who have been attached to, and subsequently departed, a movie based on the Naughty Dog Sony PlayStation game Uncharted.

This time, the excuse is that star Tom Holland, who is set to play Drake, is aiming to shoot the third Spider-Man film over the summer, which won’t leave enough time for him to also make Uncharted. That issue means Knight will leave the project roughly three months after joining. Sony, the studio behind the film, still wants Holland and Mark Wahlberg (playing his mentor, Sully) to make the movie—just with a later release date.

I mean....its only been over a decade since planning started on this movie.......few more years, and Holland will finally be able to play middle aged Drake!

Reactions: Smokinhot

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Oh my god they put the plane scene in from Uncharted 3. And was that Chloe? Alright I think I'm in for this. Yeah the casting is.....not great. Especially marky mark for Sully......but I think Holland will do a good job as Spider Drake, and there's definitely bound to be tons of action in this movie.

IceCreamAssassin

When in doubt, throttle out
TCG Premium
Jan 28, 2011
Cary
I’m pumped for it.
giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: IDAFC21
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info