Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
Reactions: Mook

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
I liked it. I only watched the pilot episode and there still is 2 episodes left. I believe there will be about 8 episodes and each release will be in 2 episode increments from what I understand.

With that being said, this show has gotten great reviews including 85/89 score on Rotten Tomatoes.

The show has a dark feel to it. Almost Noir-ish. Comparing it to the book, you can tell they try to stay true to the book however there are little details left out. It's by all means not an "action" kind of movie typical to crime like movies/shows. It has a slow steady feel to it. Trying to tell a story. Jake's story obviously.

The show does a great job showing the struggles Jake went through to try and be the reporter he wanted to be, all while being an American living in Japan. The show also does a great job bringing the characters together without everything seeming to be rushed.

I have 2 episodes left. I will try and watch them when I can. I like it so far and I'm looking forward to watching the rest.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Just finished ep 3. This all feels very right to me. The arcade w/ time crisis and sega rally, the batting cages, hostess bars, god I really need to get back into the yakuza games. I can't remember where i last left off........somewhere in 3 or 4 i think.

Definitely in to see where this keeps going.

Thread Info