3800 Tog header quest.

smknL67

Regular
Aug 7, 2007
Bensenville
I have a quick question for you L67 Guru's. Right now I have a chance to get togs from my brother for free :D , However will these tog headers be overkill for a basically stock Regal GS? I have a 3.4 pulley and an intake and that's basically it...I will be ordering a dhp pcm by the end of the month but don' t know If I should get my brother's headers or If I should just stick to P.E.M's....THe farthest that I want to go with the car is 1.9 rockers but no cam or IC. I want to run High 13's, even If I run 14.0's or 14.1's I'll be really happy...but SHould I get the headers? Or are they overkill for minimum mods?

thanx

Paco

I

imported_GraFFix

Actually if you are just going with basic mods...such as rockers, pcm, exhaust, 3.4 pully then TOGs are probably to much for those mods. You will loose bottom end power for sure as well as a pound of boost or more.

I have TOG's with the basics, rockers, pcm..etc etc and I think the togs are a little much for my car. Im not taking them off but if i were to do it again I would probably just go with PEM's.

smknL67

Regular
Aug 7, 2007
Bensenville
His car does feel slugish off the line but at wot it feels incredibly powerfull...I do however feel my regal very torquey with the stock exhaust system..up top it does bog down somewhat.. However I will never put an exhaust on a w-body again, my other regal was cool to race with the exhaust and sounded intimidating but to take my GF out, well it was just plain annoying :( well these headers are free to me If I want them...I guess theres the cool factor and then the whole how far your gona go factor.....Decisions...decisions....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info