Today's Home Project

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
A carpenter buddy stopped over today and we put in a new laminate floor while Amy is visiting my daughters in Savannah. It was bare concrete when she left so she is going to be surprised. Yes, my dog has a LOT of balls.

I'll finish up the moldings this week.

2nSBOva.jpg

oFZVpwY.jpg

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Looks good but why the gaps at some of the seams. I’ve personally installed a bunch of laminate and vinyl floors and never had gaps like that.
Might be the style. Wide planks like that generally come on “hand scraped” style flooring. Meant to look like worn, vintage hardwood with the board edges rounded a bit from natural wear over time.

The lighting in the photo is kind of harsh too, really makes it stand out.

Reactions: Flyn and Shawn1112

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
I definitely had the airplane landing lights on so I could see everything while we were doing the project.

This is Amy's TV room. She has her queen's throne and remotes close at hand. She's not expecting the floor to be in so I can't wait to see her reaction when she gets home Tuesday.

Reactions: Blood on Blood

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
So Amy calls me. She's in Daytona Beach and her battery and brake lights came on. Alternator is bad. I had her rent a car and leave hers up there to get it fixed. Now, I get to take her to work at 5 A.M. then drive all the way across the state to get her car and drive back to pick her up. It will take my whole Thursday.

Worst part is she will not be in a good mood when she gets home. Hopefully the floor cheers her up a bit. Such bad timing for the alternator to fail. Had to be 3 1/2 hours away from home?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info