Today's Home Project

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Looks good but why the gaps at some of the seams. I’ve personally installed a bunch of laminate and vinyl floors and never had gaps like that.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
Donating Member
Reaction score
Looks good but why the gaps at some of the seams. I’ve personally installed a bunch of laminate and vinyl floors and never had gaps like that.
Might be the style. Wide planks like that generally come on “hand scraped” style flooring. Meant to look like worn, vintage hardwood with the board edges rounded a bit from natural wear over time.

The lighting in the photo is kind of harsh too, really makes it stand out.

OP
Flyn

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Donating Member
Reaction score
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I definitely had the airplane landing lights on so I could see everything while we were doing the project.

This is Amy's TV room. She has her queen's throne and remotes close at hand. She's not expecting the floor to be in so I can't wait to see her reaction when she gets home Tuesday.

OP
Flyn

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Donating Member
Reaction score
So Amy calls me. She's in Daytona Beach and her battery and brake lights came on. Alternator is bad. I had her rent a car and leave hers up there to get it fixed. Now, I get to take her to work at 5 A.M. then drive all the way across the state to get her car and drive back to pick her up. It will take my whole Thursday.

Worst part is she will not be in a good mood when she gets home. Hopefully the floor cheers her up a bit. Such bad timing for the alternator to fail. Had to be 3 1/2 hours away from home?

DEEZUZ

"and the world is full of dreamers"
Donating Member
Reaction score
Oh that's the best time.... FOR US

OP
Flyn

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Donating Member
Reaction score
Amy loved the floor. Took her mind off her car. The Sonata she rented is actually a pretty nice ride. May have to look at them if we decide to upgrade.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom