• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

To ball bearing or not to ball bearing

gojo83

Regular
Jun 11, 2009
Cheyenne WY
I have read yes its the way to go and no don't waste your money. personal experiences would be great but if not please explain your reasoning for your choice. I am looking to build my own kit since I got dry fucked on a killer deal. I am looking for reliability and performance aspects mainly. Not looking to make an all out race car with this build but enough for a solid 450 whp out of a 3.8 and to be in the danger zone of getting kicked out of the track for no roll cage.

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
If automatic which i'm only guessing is some sort of GTP 3800 then you wouldn't benefit as much as a manual would from BB. Use the money for other components and stick with Journal. Also depending on the turbo you may not easily be able to rebuild a BB turbo as you would a Journal. I know my precision can only be rebuilt by them since it's a BB turbo but they aren't that far from me.

gojo83

Regular
Jun 11, 2009
Cheyenne WY
I looking into a 4t80 58-62 mm xp cam stg 3 heads with OS valves and may have a little helper shot to spool it. Looking at 15-25 psi on e85. Should put me in the solid 11s here at altitude. Guy in the car club did 11.9 on a stock cam so with heads and a cam it will be a solid 11 sec car that will piss people off since most of the body will be left alone.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info