to all who said it wasnt a good deal......

mr.gto

Deleted New Name
Jul 27, 2009
I can see your reasoning, and the iron block will be stronger.

did u look at the link i posted above? the 5.3 stroked to 5.7 will yield the same thing as an ls1. only this is the cheaper route and fastest that will be shipped to my door assembled. Then i just gotta put my other heads on it and switch over parts and should be good to go

mr.gto

Deleted New Name
Jul 27, 2009
I think it will work out just fine.... fact its def better than a stock ls1 motor..... it will save me machine work time by sending my other ls1 block i have out to be worked on..... and money. And since im not thowing right now more than 450 hp at this motor it shouldnt be a prob correct?

Shibby50

TCG Elite Member
Mar 30, 2008
Braidwood, IL
The stock bottom end that was in the car originally was fine for what he had set-up. A fresh shortblock, with stock crank and rods but with upgraded mahle pistons and arp bolts should be more than enough for what he needs. Not going to be a FI or huge n2o car.
Hopefully the heads will be set-up right this time with the valvetrain done right and it should be good to go.

mr.gto

Deleted New Name
Jul 27, 2009
The stock bottom end that was in the car originally was fine for what he had set-up. A fresh shortblock, with stock crank and rods but with upgraded mahle pistons and arp bolts should be more than enough for what he needs. Not going to be a FI or huge n2o car.
Hopefully the heads will be set-up right this time with the valvetrain done right and it should be good to go.

Thats all im looking for. small build that can hold more than stock, the car dropped a valve which blew the motor. Idiot triple shimmed the spring. That will not be the case this time

mr.gto

Deleted New Name
Jul 27, 2009
finding a worthy deal on a shortblock can take a while. i don't have that time to look FOR you.

best of luck on whatever you decide.

True but this looks like a great deal. I'm going to talk to this company bout it. I really don't Wana buy someones used shortblock or built block not knowing the history of what they did with it. Cuz I take care of my cars. I think I floored the camaro twice since I've had it. Other than that never above 3200 rpm :(

mr.gto

Deleted New Name
Jul 27, 2009
never above 3200rpm yet you want to buy a forged short block?

your intentions are unclear.

if you plan on babying your car, then why spend all that money for something you're not going to use?

I will use it..... like next season at the track and such. Im just saying when im driving it around im not mashing the throttle everywhere I go. Not abusing the car and such. But when the time comes Id like it to be ready and able to handle the power

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info