to all who said it wasnt a good deal......

Handsome Jesus

A V6? What a ripoff...
TCG Premium
Jun 9, 2007
Carpentersville, IL
damn, that's some carnage. send those pics into car craft for the carnage of the month contest heh.

sucks to see broken stuff though.

I sold 3 snowmobiles last year... shortly after selling each of them, the new owners blew them all up. I guess there was a 4th too, but it was my buddies sled.

anyway hope the guy doesn't come after you!

Chrisco

is a work in progress
Jan 26, 2008
Downers Grove, IL.
Yea it's a manual. It's weird no spring broke. Just 1 valve locked and then got mashed and busted. One of the weirdest break I've seen especially on a car that never had a thing break in the motor

my big block did a similar thing when it over revved when the rev limiter was set wrong. no spring were broken either, just a smashed up valve.

Any chance the retainer could have failed, causing the valve to drop down into the cylinder? That's the only way I could see something like this happening without a spring binding.

Chrisco

is a work in progress
Jan 26, 2008
Downers Grove, IL.
retainers are usually the first thing to get pounded and fail in a over rev. thats why the spring is intact the retainer did fail.

So the answer to my question was 'yes' :bigthumb:

I guess what you're saying is that any time there is some sort of valvetrain issue, the retainers are generally the first part to fail (weakest chain in the link). So it's not a direct fault of the retainer, rather something caused them to break (over revving springs that weren't capable of handling it).

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info