to all who said it wasnt a good deal......

mr.gto

Deleted New Name
Reaction score
Got a call from my buddy this morning who traded me his SS camaro for my GTO..... well guess last night it started ticking soft..... then got really loud and knocking. blue smoke started coming out of the exhaust and engine revs when u push the clutch in.

Hes tearing it down now were not totally sure what happened. I think he broke a ring/bent a rod of some sort. I feel really bad cuz car was fine when it was traded. any ideas?

on another note. Camaro SS pulled a wheel on the street yesterday. :)

OP
mr.gto

mr.gto

Deleted New Name
Reaction score
yea its gunna be a lot to fix it. def new bearings all over..... rotating assemble, and possible block if it scored the cyl really bad

OP
mr.gto

mr.gto

Deleted New Name
Reaction score
So far..... Valve got stuck in the guide and mashed into the piston. So the piston has a hole. Valve and head are destroyed.

Attachments

Shibby50

Reaction score
The whole bottom end was 100% stock. The cam was a custom grind, mid 220's duration and like 610ish lift

Riski

Suck my balls!
Reaction score
Ummm.....The valve springs in the AFR 205's only good up to a .600 lift! :eek:

No wonder that shit is busted up

Shibby50

Reaction score
It had a whole new valvetrain. When he got the heads the new valve that was in it was stuck, sent out to a machine shop and redid a guide. (not the one that seized) And a set of comp springs made for 650 lift were put on.

Riski

Suck my balls!
Reaction score
dont make sense why it floated the valve then and smashed the shit outta of the piston

OP
mr.gto

mr.gto

Deleted New Name
Reaction score
dont make sense why it floated the valve then and smashed the shit outta of the piston
Were wondering the same thing. We can't figure out what happened. Especially under normal driving

OP
mr.gto

mr.gto

Deleted New Name
Reaction score
Sounds like an overrev...
Car would go to 6800 and that was where the limited was set. I dunno not my car anymore so not my
Prob. I never had any motor issues with it when I owned it ever. Not a leak or anything

Runtz52

Runs like a turtle with downs syndrome
Reaction score
Car would go to 6800 and that was where the limited was set. I dunno not my car anymore so not my
Prob. I never had any motor issues with it when I owned it ever. Not a leak or anything
time for a new sig pic then

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom