Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike

T-Mobile operates an MVNO called Metro by T-Mobile that lets you buy prepaid smartphones and plans while giving you access to T-Mobile's network for as low as $25 a month. As of today, though, your choices are expanding. T-Mobile has just unveiled plans to acquire of a duo of MVNOs — Mint Mobile and Ultra Mobile — which are now officially joining the magenta family.

T-Mobile has announced that it's officially purchasing Mint Mobile and Ultra Mobile as part of a buyout of their parent company, Ka’ena Corporation, for a total of $1.35 billion. Mint Mobile is notable for the involvement of Ryan Reynolds, who bought a stake in the MVNO in 2019, but it initially started as a subsidiary of Ultra Mobile. The brands will operate as a separate business unit, according to T-Mobile, with founders David Glickman and Rizwan Kassim being brought to the company to continue managing Mint and Ultra. Ryan Reynolds will also remain involved with Mint in a "creative role."

Reactions: BS ISF

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
Mint Mobil is pretty decent I switched in December I got 6 months unlimited for 90 buck’s hopefully it stays cheap

I saw the best plan they have right now is $30x3 which is $90

And if u pre pay a year it’s $360 for the year it’s $30 a month

IMG_4037.png

I pay $62 x12 = $744 thru T-Mobile that’s more than 50% off yearly with mint mobile. I prefer paying yearly anyway. What else can u tell us about mint mobile Brett? Talk to us

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I saw the best plan they have right now is $30x3 which is $90

And if u pre pay a year it’s $360 for the year it’s $30 a month

View attachment 155188
I pay $62 x12 = $744 thru T-Mobile that’s more than 50% off yearly with mint mobile. I prefer paying yearly anyway. What else can u tell us about mint mobile Brett? Talk to us
It’s probably the exact same thing you have now to be honest, it already used T-Mobile towers, sometimes they run a buy 3 months get 3 for free around holidays so maybe wait till Easter is over before you jump, I want to say there’s a data cap around 35gigs I never use that many anyway, but that’s about it I had Xfinity before and I get 15gig extra on this plan and it cost less everything else works about the same

Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me

Caleb515

Addict
Aug 20, 2020
Chicago, IL
Real Name
Caleb
^^ good info! I’ve looked in to it a time or two, but am hesitant mostly due to customer support.

I’m paying $55 a month for Verizon and the coverage fucking sucks. Like literally I live in downtown Chicago and have 1-2 bars at any given time and my calls drop on the regular.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
^^ good info! I’ve looked in to it a time or two, but am hesitant mostly due to customer support.

I’m paying $55 a month for Verizon and the coverage fucking sucks. Like literally I live in downtown Chicago and have 1-2 bars at any given time and my calls drop on the regular.
OOC, how old/new is your SIM card? The g/f has T-Mobile and would always drop calls in the same 3-4 places on her commute home. She went to TM and got a new SIM card, no issues since then.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Xfinity had my phone sim locked and they were real cock suckers on getting it unlocked, I fucked up though and did the number transfer before I realized my phone was sim locked and ended up using an old phone for 5 days while Xfinity drug there feet and made me consider torching a storefront out of spite, so consider that before you actually start the switch over, t Mobil would probably not be nearly as bad though

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2010
North Aurora
I'm not a fan of T mobile. I ditched them after countless issues in 2011 in favor of Sprint. Never an issue with Sprint but now that they are fully taken over by T-Mobile it's going back downhill.

Yep. I had Sprint forever. I never had an issue nor was service ever bad for me. Then T-Mobile bought them and service rapidly deteriorated. So I eventually left last year.

Caleb515

Addict
Aug 20, 2020
Chicago, IL
Real Name
Caleb
OOC, how old/new is your SIM card? The g/f has T-Mobile and would always drop calls in the same 3-4 places on her commute home. She went to TM and got a new SIM card, no issues since then.
Probably about 4 years old now. I’m sure using an old iPhone XS also isn’t helping either, but haven’t had a reason to upgrade yet.

I had AT&T until about 2 years ago and never had issues aside from the $110 bill.

Reactions: The Beast

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Probably about 4 years old now. I’m sure using an old iPhone XS also isn’t helping either, but haven’t had a reason to upgrade yet.

I had AT&T until about 2 years ago and never had issues aside from the $110 bill.
Go to a Verizon store, as for a new SIM, it'll be free since you're a customer. They will do the swap right there and make sure it works before you leave.

My bill for four lines as 12GB of data is $186, not a single phone newer than 3 years old. I'm ready to walk, but need four new phones. Mint might be an option, but would need the phones.

Reactions: Caleb515

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
It’s probably the exact same thing you have now to be honest, it already used T-Mobile towers, sometimes they run a buy 3 months get 3 for free around holidays so maybe wait till Easter is over before you jump, I want to say there’s a data cap around 35gigs I never use that many anyway, but that’s about it I had Xfinity before and I get 15gig extra on this plan and it cost less everything else works about the same

IMG_4056.png

Looks like I don’t use that many gigs I’m good to go.

Reactions: 1quick

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
Yep. I had Sprint forever. I never had an issue nor was service ever bad for me. Then T-Mobile bought them and service rapidly deteriorated. So I eventually left last year.

I’ve been a sprint customer forever also and it switched Tmobile I have no issues with the service I have an issue with me over paying.

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go

IMG_4057.jpg

I have way to many gigs on my plan

Reactions: 1quick

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
I thought I saw he had like 20-25% interest in that company. He's getting 39% in cash and 71% in stock. If his ownership percent is right, he's getting between $270-338M?!?!

Ah, he only had interest in Mint Mobile, not necessarily Ultra. Either way, he's getting silly money from this sale.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info