• Google

Votes: 8 28.6%

• Total voters

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber

As I've posted before, I'm the last man on Earth to get a computer phone.
Got a basic android March 2018.
Yesterday I bought my 1st apple based phone because a customer requires it for a big project they want me to take over from another company.
It's charging now, so I'll probably start using it this W/E.
Big construction auction tomorrow, so I'll be busy pissing away dough and picking up any vehicles or equipment I buy for a day or 2.

I hope it's easy enough to learn, I don't have a lot of patience for new tech.

Any big differences I need to know about??

No back button.

Marko

TCG Elite Member
Feb 19, 2005
I’m gonna eventually switch from Sprint to Verizon. But I just checked and I still owe 300 on my iPhone XR. Been paying it off monthly.
If I cancel Sprint now and go to Verizon. I have to pay the 300 to Sprint. And I think I have to return the phone. I don’t think I get to keep it. Not sure.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
I’m gonna eventually switch from Sprint to Verizon. But I just checked and I still owe 300 on my iPhone XR. Been paying it off monthly.
If I cancel Sprint now and go to Verizon. I have to pay the 300 to Sprint. And I think I have to return the phone. I don’t think I get to keep it. Not sure.
you definitely get the keep it, but you do owe the 300 on cancellation.

Reactions: Marko

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
I have a 6s and will be upgrading to the 11, which based on what I've read is pretty close to the 11 Pro. Basically you are paying a lot more for the OLED and extra camera in the Pro. For me, it's not worth the extra money.

I did the same and I have no complaints on the 11. My 6s was on its last leg with 1 battery replaced the memory was always full at 15.6g out of 16 and the only way I could talk was on speaker for the last 2 years.

RedBeard

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 19, 2009
Windsor, CO
I have been getting fed up with charge port issues I’ve had since day one on my XS, as well as battery life being shit. Was already at 89% battery health in 1 year.

Got the message that I was eligible for an upgrade on Wednesday so while down in Denver yesterday the wife and I popped into the Apple Store (there isn’t one here in Fort Collins). I went from a 256GB Space Gray XS to a 256GB Silver 11 Pro. Wife went from a 56GB iPhone 7 to a 56GB Space Gray 11 Pro.

Was a solid hour wait in line to get the new phones. They were out of the Space Gray 11 Pro but I’m actually loving the looks of the Silver phone with the matte white back. I don’t want to even put a case on it it’s so good looking.

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
I think the IPhone is easier for people that aren’t really tech savvy, but it could just be that I’m used to them. My dad has a Galaxy something or other and every time I’m over there he needs help with something.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
I never thought I'd say this, but I'm honestly tempted to pick up a personal phone just to have a new iphone with a good camera and plenty of storage. Right now I dual-use a 32gig company iphone 7 and i'm outgrowing it. I wish I had good pics of my kid, I can't store shit on this phone because 32gigs is nothing, etc. This phone is only 1 year old but I'm going to have it forever because when it's gone they're probably going to force me in to a samsung j7 piece of crap.

I still have my old personal # ported through google, but have since converted everything over to my work number. I might just get an iphone 11 for $40/month, route my personal number to it, but really only use it for pics/vid/apps/interwebs. I'd still keep all my texts/calls etc through the work number.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
I never thought I'd say this, but I'm honestly tempted to pick up a personal phone just to have a new iphone with a good camera and plenty of storage. Right now I dual-use a 32gig company iphone 7 and i'm outgrowing it. I wish I had good pics of my kid, I can't store shit on this phone because 32gigs is nothing, etc. This phone is only 1 year old but I'm going to have it forever because when it's gone they're probably going to force me in to a samsung j7 piece of crap.

I still have my old personal # ported through google, but have since converted everything over to my work number. I might just get an iphone 11 for $40/month, route my personal number to it, but really only use it for pics/vid/apps/interwebs. I'd still keep all my texts/calls etc through the work number.
Don't even bother with service then if you are carrying both. Just hotspot the iPhone 7 and use the 11 to connect to it via WiFi.

Or port the work number to Google, and have it forward everything to your personal phone. Then when you quit, you just cancel the forwarding and go on with life

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Port the personal # through google voice, install google voice app on new iphone, and forward all of those calls to the new #. That's what I did when I consolidated to just the work phone. Didn't even know it was possible until guys on this forum told me about it
Totally forgot about this, almost pulled the trigger. But upon doing so it said I might not get texts for 3 days on my number I'm porting over to Google Voice. Did you have that issue?

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Totally forgot about this, almost pulled the trigger. But upon doing so it said I might not get texts for 3 days on my number I'm porting over to Google Voice. Did you have that issue?
I honestly don't even remember..maybe? I texted everyone I cared to hear from and told them to use my new number, most complied

Reactions: Shawn1112

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
That is just standard what they state to avoid excessive tickets. It should work pretty quickly, within an hour or 2. They just state it may take that long.

Reactions: Shawn1112

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
My work phone can be upgraded on Oct. 31st. Ill be getting the 11 Pro. Dont know if I want the max or not. I might just stick with the pro and go for 256 gig. Then Ill use the dual sim and move my personal number to my work phone and then only need one phone for 2 lines.

It will probably still cost 4-500 out of pocket, but to get any kind of discount and still be able to use it for both lines would be perfect.

Thread Info