• Google

Votes: 8 28.6%

• Total voters

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Funny this thread was brought up. I have 2 cell phones and have had 2 forever and need to go down to 1 phone as I hate lugging around 2 phones. My personal phone which I have had the same number for probably 15-17yrs is an Android Samsung S8 maybe, lol. My work phone is an Iphone 7 plus or 8 plus. I hate Apple products, but imo the Iphone just works so much better for work. My personal email is on my Samsung with my work email being on the Iphone. I just think emailing including pics and shit is just easier on the Iphone. My problem is everyone of my friends especially the ones I only talk to every few months have my personal number. I'm literally going to have to spend 3 days sending texts telling people to use my work number from now on, then what I'm dreading the most is transferring probably 200 contacts to the Iphone.

So to answer the thread question. I'm 99% sure I'm going to upgrade my Iphone to a 10 as its probably cheaper than the new Iphone coming out.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Right now I have a LG v35. The only few things that make it not a perfect phone is no front facing speakers, LG is slow on software updates and no easy root option.

The Samsung s10 would be an option if they had a flat screen. It checks off all the boxes except the screen (and technically the front facing "stereo" speakers uses the earphone as one of the speakers to make it "stereo")

The pixel would be an option if they kept the SD expansion and headphone jack.

Price was also a factor. I was able to get the LG brand new and unlocked for $300. No monthly payments.

I thought that there were two models of the S10. The S10 was the flat screen and the S10+ which has the rounded screen.

Of course I might just be confusing that with the LG model I also looked at.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Funny this thread was brought up. I have 2 cell phones and have had 2 forever and need to go down to 1 phone as I hate lugging around 2 phones. My personal phone which I have had the same number for probably 15-17yrs is an Android Samsung S8 maybe, lol. My work phone is an Iphone 7 plus or 8 plus. I hate Apple products, but imo the Iphone just works so much better for work. My personal email is on my Samsung with my work email being on the Iphone. I just think emailing including pics and shit is just easier on the Iphone. My problem is everyone of my friends especially the ones I only talk to every few months have my personal number. I'm literally going to have to spend 3 days sending texts telling people to use my work number from now on, then what I'm dreading the most is transferring probably 200 contacts to the Iphone.

So to answer the thread question. I'm 99% sure I'm going to upgrade my Iphone to a 10 as its probably cheaper than the new Iphone coming out.
Port the personal # through google voice, install google voice app on new iphone, and forward all of those calls to the new #. That's what I did when I consolidated to just the work phone. Didn't even know it was possible until guys on this forum told me about it

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Port the personal # through google voice, install google voice app on new iphone, and forward all of those calls to the new #. That's what I did when I consolidated to just the work phone. Didn't even know it was possible until guys on this forum told me about it
Yup. I just do it opposite. I have a business number that is forwarded to my personal.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
So, compare a phone from today to a 15 year old phone. God I love TCG.

Just wasn’t my thing. I was comparing it to back then as well. It slowed down more than my iPhone and had bad battery life. (Speaking years ago)

Wasn’t comparing that phone to the newest iPhone. I just don’t have a reason to switch back now IMO

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
This is what I mean

5e1f76324829e677043c0290d6bf9bcb.jpg

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
One other question. Would that require me to keep paying on my personal phone, or could I eliminate it from my Sprint account?
I'm assuming I would have to keep the account with my personal number active

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
One other question. Would that require me to keep paying on my personal phone, or could I eliminate it from my Sprint account?
I'm assuming I would have to keep the account with my personal number active
Once you port the number to Google voice, Sprint will cancel automatically. Now Google voice has the number and it's free.

Reactions: Shawn1112

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
I mean yea it was older. I think it came out in like 2011? But I switched from an iPhone and just didn’t like it. I tried it for over a year and just wasn’t happy
Software has changed drastically in almost a decade. It is NOT the same Android as 2011.

Reactions: EmersonHart13

MrDragster1970

TCG Elite Member
Dec 18, 2011
RT 66 area

As I've posted before, I'm the last man on Earth to get a computer phone.
Got a basic android March 2018.
Yesterday I bought my 1st apple based phone because a customer requires it for a big project they want me to take over from another company.
It's charging now, so I'll probably start using it this W/E.
Big construction auction tomorrow, so I'll be busy pissing away dough and picking up any vehicles or equipment I buy for a day or 2.

I hope it's easy enough to learn, I don't have a lot of patience for new tech.

Any big differences I need to know about??

Thread Info