Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I'm 85% sure I'll be finally moving to a new Pixel. Ive had my Pixel 2 XL longer than any other phone I've owned. Its been a workhorse but its time.

Everything I'm reading about the 4 has me convinced it will be a worthy upgrade...I just hope they dont completely fuck up the price. I also kind of hope they release a Pixel 4a like they did with the 3. All the great camera upgrades with just a step down on the hardware side. We shall see.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
iPhone 11 pro. I’ve had nearly every single iPhone since they launched. In college I did try out android and switched to the razr or whatever it was called. That super slim phone from Motorola. But I constantly had battery issues, things running in the background I didn’t need. The phone like a PC slowed down over time. So I went back to Apple.

Been happy ever since. No reason to change.

ChrisRac

Still not Italian
TCG Premium
Jan 31, 2008
Gilbert, AZ
Real Name
I Think That’s Obvious
I'm also leaning towards an iPhone 11 Pro Max. I have the 7+ now and I can't go back to a smaller phone. I also have everything Apple - desktop, laptop, watch, ipads, & air pods. As much as I want to go back to Samsung, it wouldn't make sense.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
I probably wouldn't do the Samsung again. Of course it just may be the software too, but I hate the email setup vs. my old phone (yea, the outdated Windoze phone)... It's perpetually confused and constantly buzzing to alert me to new mail even when there isn't and/or when I've already looked at or deleted that particular new email. With multiple acocunts (which I have), instead of having an individual tile or icon for each email account on the screen like the Windoze phone, where I could easily see which one has new mail, I have to go in to a mail submenu, then sort through the three emails accounts I have on it, to see which one I have new mail on.

Then there is touchscreen sensitivity. If I look at the fucking thing, it's opening/closing/moving shit around, but yet when someone calls me and I go to answer it, I damn near have to put my finger through the fucking phone just to get it to react and answer.

But it takes excellent pictures.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
I probably wouldn't do the Samsung again. Of course it just may be the software too, but I hate the email setup vs. my old phone (yea, the outdated Windoze phone)... It's perpetually confused and constantly buzzing to alert me to new mail even when there isn't and/or when I've already looked at or deleted that particular new email. With multiple acocunts (which I have), instead of having an individual tile or icon for each email account on the screen like the Windoze phone, where I could easily see which one has new mail, I have to go in to a mail submenu, then sort through the three emails accounts I have on it, to see which one I have new mail on.

Then there is touchscreen sensitivity. If I look at the fucking thing, it's opening/closing/moving shit around, but yet when someone calls me and I go to answer it, I damn near have to put my finger through the fucking phone just to get it to react and answer.

But it takes excellent pictures.

Different email apps for each account if you really need a dedicated button per email account.

Samsung has a feature where you can move around and do things onscreen with only your eyes. Make sure that's not on, it may be what is making things open and close "automatically". Or your screen is fucking dirty or you have a cheaper screen protector/case that is activating it or reducing sensitivity

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
I don't think it has that eye thingy. It's an otterbox with no screen protector and I clean it daily as I hate smudges.
An otter box is a screen protector. Doesn't it have a clear plastic front screen protector built into the case?

What model? Eye thingy has been around since like s7

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
iPhone 11 pro. I’ve had nearly every single iPhone since they launched. In college I did try out android and switched to the razr or whatever it was called. That super slim phone from Motorola. But I constantly had battery issues, things running in the background I didn’t need. The phone like a PC slowed down over time. So I went back to Apple.

Been happy ever since. No reason to change.

So, compare a phone from today to a 15 year old phone. God I love TCG.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
I mean I’m curious... probably won’t change my mind, but still curious

Just the negatives. They all have good cameras/CPU/ram/storage for the most part.

iPhone- I don't use Apple, so nothing to see here. But if going into details, their locked down ecosystem is a turn off. And the IOS gui is horrendous.

Samsung - with recent models they have been locking down the bootloader preventing rooting, but it looks like people have gotten around them. I hate the waterfall glass they use on everything now (give me a flat screen). Bloatware to the max. A million Samsung apps come with it along with Facebook and garbage apps.

Pixel - the iPhone of Android. Looks too apple to me. Killed SD expansion. Killed headphone jack. Poor battery life for a high end phone. I use both SD and headphone jack so that's a must on my list.

Reactions: IceCreamAssassin

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
So then what do you have/want?
Right now I have a LG v35. The only few things that make it not a perfect phone is no front facing speakers, LG is slow on software updates and no easy root option.

The Samsung s10 would be an option if they had a flat screen. It checks off all the boxes except the screen (and technically the front facing "stereo" speakers uses the earphone as one of the speakers to make it "stereo")

The pixel would be an option if they kept the SD expansion and headphone jack.

Price was also a factor. I was able to get the LG brand new and unlocked for $300. No monthly payments.

Reactions: IceCreamAssassin

Thread Info