• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Tires. I have no idea.

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
I usually use tirebuyer or vulcantire, tirebuyer will usually do free shipping. I put Falken ze950’s on both our cars and haven’t been disappointed. Pulling 1.7 60’s on them in my wagon. Wearing poorly on my wife’s van, but still look new on my wagon. Can’t go wrong with DWS, but they can be pricey.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
how close is the outside lip of the tire to the outside of the fender & quarter?

Dunno

QTKUVCz.jpg

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Probably 245/60 stock sized.

I'd of course like a bigger fill.
Stock was 245/50/16's for Thirdgens with the 16" rims.

with that much space around it, it rubs...you serious clark...is your suspension shot causing that much play causing the rub?

Its the spacers moving the pivot point of the tire outwards most likely.

I rub at full lock with my 275/40/17's on my GTA with 4th gen SS 17x9" wheels. My spacers are about 2.25" I think. But its only rubbing the fender liner. Mostly, I just avoid full lock. :). I probably should get smaller spacers.

I'll measure when I get home.

Also, if you do a C5 or otherwise front brake swap, it will increase the offset out an additional 1/4" or more depending on the setup.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I ordered a 275/40. So we'll see.

Gotta do something. Belts are a showing. If this doesn't work Im Getting 2 245 50 16 tiger paws and rocking stock shit til death

If guys can run 315's, you can run 275's. Its gotta be the combo of the wheel offset + spacers.

My car never used to rub until I did the C5 Brake conversion that pushed the front track wider. I just never bothered replacing the front spacers since it only rubbed at full lock.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info