Tirerack is fucking awesome

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
My brother in law has an HR-V with AWD and has been complaining about winter performance; he slid into a curb and knocked the toe in. I told him to get better tires. The economy tires on Honda’s SUVs are not great in the snow.

My mom had those geolanders on her cx-5 and my wifes cx-5 has the same. They are mediocre in the winter at best. My mom slid her car right through an intersection with them.

My mom upgraded to an all season that has better winter rating after 25k miles. My wife's car has blizzaks now as she has to go into the city no matter what for her job.

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
IM me if you wanna know more ;)
Throw snow tires on your poverty truck. With mine only being 2wd, and plenty of power to boot, I will never go another winter without them. I've had snow tyres on it for at least 8 winters.

The 06 CRV definitely needed them as well.

This was last year

3a0583b9e76e1e6e63069cc830a22dcb.jpg
90eb86a90bace0a29f59e9d2c2f2fe25.jpg
780f0f78cf1867fdec88d1aab3a86ecd.jpg

Handsome Jesus

A V6? What a ripoff...
TCG Premium
Jun 9, 2007
Carpentersville, IL
I REALLY want to get snowtires for poverty gasser and monstertruck shit.

i think [MENTION=45]Handsome Jesus[/MENTION] has a snow tire setup for his duramax iirc... id love to see how that is in the snow. has to just be a tank.

It's a snowtank for sure. I never put weight in the bed and have never had a problem, including day after snowpocalypse. They do pull pretty hard in a direction if you hit deep snow going with decent speed though.

floor it in 4WD and throw rooster tails off the fronts with some black smoke.

and I can stop. That is the best part for sure. Transforce A/T are the normal tires I use, and those just aren't great stopping on shitty snow and ice, especially since ABS hasn't worked since I have owned the truck...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info