Tirerack is fucking awesome

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
I know many of you already know this but every time i order from them I'm amazed.

This happens for northern illinois- where it's here next day... but so awesome.

No hassle, no bullshit, talk to their chat support and they know their stuff, etc.

Ordered snow tires & wheels for wifeymobile yesterday at 11:08 am for best price i could find quickly.

They are here, mounted, balanced, inflated, as of 1138 am with lug nuts, key and marked with which tire should go where.

Not having to get TPMS sensors anymore for newer aftermarket wheels and tires is awesome as well.

EmersonHart13

John
Donating Member
Reaction score
AWD and snow tires. You ain't fucking around with the wifey mobile.

OP
Yaj Yak

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
awd doesn't help ya turn or stop

tires do

:fyws:

wombat

Donating Member
Reaction score
They're legit the best company I've ever dealt with. Twice now, the cheap ass centering rings on my rims have broken or got stuck so I had to break them to get them out, I email them and they send me new ones next day (no cost). Every tire/wheel order I've ever ordered comes in next day (if I order early enough)

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
Donating Member
Reaction score
I've bought several pairs of wheels and tires from them, always have a great experience.

OP
Yaj Yak

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
AWD and snow tires. You ain't fucking around with the wifey mobile.
I REALLY want to get snowtires for poverty gasser and monstertruck shit.

i think [MENTION=45]Handsome Jesus[/MENTION] has a snow tire setup for his duramax iirc... id love to see how that is in the snow. has to just be a tank.

OP
Yaj Yak

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
I know this and not going to start this discussion v. eleventy billion... Just saying you ain't fucking around.
well you're south of the mason dixon, and it hardly snows up here, so it must not snow at all down by your palm trees.

VenomousDSG

Born ready
Reaction score
Never used tirerack, but discount tire has always been very good to me, so never had the need to go anywhere else. I got next day tires with them too during their $100 off deal.

EmersonHart13

John
Donating Member
Reaction score
well you're south of the mason dixon, and it hardly snows up here, so it must not snow at all down by your palm trees.
It seriously is really low on snow. Carter would not be happy. I don't think I used my snow blower last year.

We both drive 4wd vehicles. The MS has duractracs which are severe snow rated. I don't think the CO tires are though. But she'll manage I'm sure.

OP
Yaj Yak

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
It seriously is really low on snow. Carter would not be happy. I don't think I used my snow blower last year.

We both drive 4wd vehicles. The MS has duractracs which are severe snow rated. I don't think the CO tires are though. But she'll manage I'm sure.
there were roads up here that had snow/ice on them last night from the snow we got two days ago.

they just don't like plowing the most populated red county in the state i guess.

sidenote... i felt safer driving with snow tires on 2wd lowered truck than poverty gasser on megallterrains... fact.

tinfoilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Ive done that before too. It is so awesome when the tires show up ready to mount and go.

definitely the best way to go if you need tires and rims.

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
I gotta get the wifeymobile new tires as the Michelin's on there suck (which is usually a rarity for Michelin), but I guess they do have 50k on them, so.

Was looking on TireRack.com the other night then what I go do is work with the Discount Tire across the street from the residential establishment

OP
Yaj Yak

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
solid angle

EmersonHart13

John
Donating Member
Reaction score
Thats crazy, everything is plowed so well down here all the time. The RWD Failfinity on All seasons was never an issue

there were roads up here that had snow/ice on them last night from the snow we got two days ago.

they just don't like plowing the most populated red county in the state i guess.

sidenote... i felt safer driving with snow tires on 2wd lowered truck than poverty gasser on megallterrains... fact.
CO just got 350 lbs of sand the other day to get rid of that tail happy wiggle.

I'm hoping nearly new Goodyear All Terrain Adventure with Kevlar are good for one winter.

https://www.goodyear.com/en-US/tires/wrangler-all-terrain-adventure

We'll probably get new tires to fill the wheel wells next year, and she loves the duratracs so we'll probably get those again and be severe snow rated.

OP
Yaj Yak

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
I guess it's worth noting, the CRV comes with some efficient green hankooks that barely are siped.

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
awd doesn't help ya turn or stop

tires do

:fyws:

My brother in law has an HR-V with AWD and has been complaining about winter performance; he slid into a curb and knocked the toe in. I told him to get better tires. The economy tires on Honda’s SUVs are not great in the snow.

EmersonHart13

John
Donating Member
Reaction score

As it turns out the ATs on the CO might be severe snow rated. I'm gonna have to check for the symbol tonight to verify. That could be a mega score

CuzzinOlaf

Hero of the stupid!!
Reaction score
Discount tire always price matches and I've been able to negotiate there as well. I find the cheapest price shipped online for a specific tire I want (usually read Tire Rack's reviews) and march in there with it printed. They verify the online price and give it to me, sometimes even saying I don't know how they do it, yada yada. I then get them to take money off the install, disposal, or whatever.

EmersonHart13

John
Donating Member
Reaction score
DT service sucks place to place though.

Lets focus on Tirerack and let them have their moment to shine.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom