3800 Tipping for Carryout food?

Mikes1998GTP

Xenon Powered
Mar 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Real Name
Mike
I always go into this Taylor St. Pizza place and theres this incredibly good looking girl behind the counter, the thing is, I never tip... She basically grabs my pizza off the rear warmer, puts it in front of me, takes my credit card, swipes it and hands me the receipt to sign, when i cross out the tip she looks at me like I'm a dumbass or something... if I had ordered a salad and she had gotten the plates and utensils together, then yeah, I'd tip, but what do you guys think? It's Carryout...

I

imported_GraFFix

It depends...I go to this one taco place by work. I always toss my left over change in their "tip jar" on the counter. They know this and always hook up my food!

I also like going to the weiner circle on clark st. For those who dont know the place the people who work there are very rude and I find it humorous so they also get my change and maybe an extra dollar if there being extra rude that day.

For a pizza that she is pulling out of the warmer and onto the counter she woulnt get anything. But if the guy making my pizza came out and gave it to me and rang me up for the pizza I would toss him the change if there was a tip jar.

Now I have a question...DO you tip at a Buffet type restaurant? I usually never do but I have noticed others tipping....discuss

chipmonk212121

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2007
It depends...I go to this one taco place by work. I always toss my left over change in their "tip jar" on the counter. They know this and always hook up my food!

I also like going to the weiner circle on clark st. For those who dont know the place the people who work there are very rude and I find it humorous so they also get my change and maybe an extra dollar if there being extra rude that day.

For a pizza that she is pulling out of the warmer and onto the counter she woulnt get anything. But if the guy making my pizza came out and gave it to me and rang me up for the pizza I would toss him the change if there was a tip jar.
Now I have a question...DO you tip at a Buffet type restaurant? I usually never do but I have noticed others tipping....discuss
[/b]

That i would tip for if he made an awesome pizza.

And i tip at the buffets where they bring your drinks to you. i just throw down a buck.

I

imported_Theautoguy

I always go into this Taylor St. Pizza place and theres this incredibly good looking girl behind the counter, the thing is, I never tip... She basically grabs my pizza off the rear warmer, puts it in front of me, takes my credit card, swipes it and hands me the receipt to sign, when i cross out the tip she looks at me like I'm a dumbass or something... if I had ordered a salad and she had gotten the plates and utensils together, then yeah, I'd tip, but what do you guys think? It's Carryout...
[/b]

Was she 15?

TommyGloves

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 23, 2007
CHICAGO
Real Name
Tom Glover
I also tip at buffet places where they bus tables and bring drinks. Typically at a fast food joint where I sit and eat, if there is someone actively clearing tables and cleaning I leave a buck or two.

If I go to a place like Wendy's/McD's etc and "dine in", I just clean up my tray and leave.

As for places that have tip jars, I will normally through some change or a buck even. Just depends on how I feel.

Additional topic...how much do you leave for a tip at a normal restaurant?

For awesome service (never have to ask for anything, they anticipate needs, drink is never empty, great, helpful attitude, etc) I leave between 25%-30%.
For good service, I leave between 15-20%.
For ok service (does the minimal amount of checking in on the table, bland personality) 10%-15%.

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
Ill throw down a buck or two at a buffet.

ALSO, how much do you guys tip delivery men????? Do they get any % from what the Company charges for delivery?

Example, Lou Malnatis charges a $3.00 delivery charge and I usually give the guy 3 bucks too. Is he getting both of those or what? :blink:

Mikes1998GTP

Xenon Powered
Mar 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Real Name
Mike
Example, Lou Malnatis charges a $3.00 delivery charge and I usually give the guy 3 bucks too. Is he getting both of those or what? :blink:
[/b]

GOOD Question too... they deliver pizza to my building all the time, they charge $1.75 for delivery and I usually give the guy a $5 and even then I still get a stupid look like "gee thanks a lot..." They are 2mi from our building!! Has anyone delivered pizza before that could answer this question as well?

As for the TheAutoGuy, are you trying to be a FISH wannabe? :lolsign:
She's in college...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info