Tinted the windows on my s2000 (on my own)

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
Donating Member
Reaction score
Took a shot at tinting my own windows (30% just a tad illegal, but not super dark) as I hate letting other people touch my cars for starters, and it really doesn't seem like it's THAT hard to do. Well, they're not perfect by any means, but for my first shot, I think they look pretty good. I might end up redoing them later on to get them absolutely perfect, but for now, this works.

Troubles I ran into, especially the rear window, was debris that got onto the window after cleaning it and I didn't notice until I was pretty much done. There is absolutely ZERO room to do that window, so my hat is off to the tinters out there that still do 100% perfect job on cars that are a huge pain in the ass. The other was cutting the tint around the window (like around the top of the window, where you can see it when the window is rolled down) I wasn't able to get it perfect, and I am not buying the tool that does it perfect since I'm only doing this on my own to my s2000 and my Accord.

All in all, it was a lot of fun. I'd be doing my Accord RN but there seems to be some shitty weather on it's way and I don't want my s2000 or my Contour outside if it gets nasty.

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Damn dude, good job.

That looks super dark in pics.

10sec

Donating Member
Reaction score
Thanks man! It really does look darker than 30% but with the door open you can see it's not bad. Probably because the top doesn't let any light in so it just blackens the inside of the car.

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score
The top of that side window looks better than the last time I got tint done :rofl:

Good job. What brand of tint did you get?

10sec

Donating Member
Reaction score
I'll have to look, it's not an off brand but it's not 3m, which is the best. For the price of the 3m tint I could have just gotten both of my cars tinted by a professional :rofl:

crooks

Donating Member
Reaction score
Did you cut the gap around the window with one hand and your razor knife? If you use both hands with your hard card in on hand and your knife in the other it makes cutting easier.

10sec

Donating Member
Reaction score
Did you cut the gap around the window with one hand and your razor knife? If you use both hands with your hard card in on hand and your knife in the other it makes cutting easier.
Could you elaborate on what you're talking about here? I R Confused.

crooks

Donating Member
Reaction score
What Im talking about might be better for large windows the dont roll down. Putting the hard card between the window gasket and your knife leaves an even gap around a window and makes it so you never cut the window gasket. Im used to doing house and business windows.

Your gap looks good.

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Reaction score
ive done a couple myself, but have always been trucks (so no shitty back window) and i have always purchased the precut tint via ebay.

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
finding decent tint is the hard part of diy tinting i feel :rofl:

Outlaw

Reaction score
Props to you man... that's one thing I have never attempted knowing full on my attention to detail is nowhere up to par

10sec

Donating Member
Reaction score
I definitely have to do the drivers side window again (that was the first one) with what I learned doing the passenger side. I also didn't do the best job on the drivers side at the top of the window, so when I put the window up the seals on the top are starting to rip it off. Passenger side is fine though, since I didn't screw that one up as bad :rofl:

I still have to tint my Accord, that's 5 windows, so we'll so how that goes...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom