• 💡 Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

🔧 Technical Time to nut up - ZL1 mods/cost questions.

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
There’s good wheel/tire combos now for Wide Body Hellcats.

I think the Challenger looks better. The Charger is a little bit too big. But it is a 4 door sedan. I love them both. It would be cool if they made a 2 door Charger. And made it a little smaller.

I never drove a ZL1 but I’m sure I’d love it because my Camaro is a lot of fun to drive.
Yeah the ZL1 is basically the best bang for your buck for both handling and HP I believe. The 6th gen chassis is perfection and with the power you get from the ZL1, its like the perfect storm of performance. And add in the great 10 speed trans and the amazing ESC/PTM setup for traction and handling, this car basically drives itself.

The Hellcat wants to kill you. The ZL1 is the opposite. It does absolutely everything to keep you straight and going fast. Its unreal how good the PTM modes are.

Marko

TCG Elite Member
Feb 19, 2005
Those brand new and a couple year old, low mile Hellcats are Overpriced. Just like most of everything else lol

The 6th Generation Camaro ZL1 and SS don’t get enough respect either lol

There’s a member on camaro6.com with a ‘18 2SS. It has 734 rwhp. Has a Magnuson TVS, forged pistons and rods, supporting mods, etc..

Shit, I’d just buy a ZL1 instead and mod it.

Marko

TCG Elite Member
Feb 19, 2005
Damn. 63k for a new ‘17 ZL1

I must admit I’m tempted to start looking for one now lol.

Also, I think the stock ride height is just right on these new Camaros.

If not already mentioned, I think ‘23 is the last year Chevy is making the Camaro. Just like Dodge is gonna stop making the Hellcats.

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
Damn. 63k for a new ‘17 ZL1

I must admit I’m tempted to start looking for one now lol.

Also, I think the stock ride height is just right on these new Camaros.

If not already mentioned, I think ‘23 is the last year Chevy is making the Camaro. Just like Dodge is gonna stop making the Hellcats.

Yep 23 is the last. And you have to order one, there is no stock on new ones getting built, only sold orders.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I also heard Chrysler/Dodge is coming out with an in-line twin turbo 6. 400 hp. 500 hp. HO. It’s similar to the same engine BMW makes.

Either next year or ‘24
Isn’t this what they’ve already put in production? Could have sworn I read it was out and was kind of a disappointment.

Marko

TCG Elite Member
Feb 19, 2005
Isn’t this what they’ve already put in production? Could have sworn I read it was out and was kind of a disappointment.
Not sure. I thought that engine was gonna be released next year. Like in Jeep’s

You’re right. Story says it’s gonna debut later this year. Probably be for a ‘23 model. It’s called the Hurricane

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go

You’re right. Story says it’s gonna debut later this year. Probably be for a ‘23 model. It’s called the Hurricane

It’s worth the wait

Kaeghl

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 18, 2008
Aurora, IL

oooh dodge is making a 2JZ :)

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
Who wants to bet in less than 12 months he’s back in a hellcat?! ?
Me? Yeah no more dodge products for me. I LOVE the ZL1. I just spent $7k on mods now, so its not going anywhere.

The only other car i'd consider from this would be an M3 or late model GTR or something like that. I'm so sick of the American cars we have to pick from. I'd even love to check out the new supra.

And nope still dont want a GT500. They are fugly as shit.

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
I LOVE the ZL1. I just spent $7k on mods now, so its not going anywhere.
Will Ferrell Reaction GIF

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
ever do anything yourself on this car?
I installed the rotofab cai a few weeks ago myself. Super easy obv.

But the big stuff, maybe 10 years ago I would have. I used to do all my own work short of something like pulling a motor or trans.

I always did exhaust and bolt-ons myself.

But its been years since then and I sold all my tools and car working on stuff when we moved to FL. Plus I'm a bit older now too and laying on the garage floor or leaning over the fenders for hours trying to do this stuff is bad for the old back.

And in a way since we are very comfortable now financially, I don't mind paying a shop to do the work. I know it should get done right and I have somewhere to take to back to if its not working as expected.

Hell I don't even wash them in the driveway anymore. There is a badass carwash place close that does it by hand for $30.

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
Now tuning, thats another story. I super enjoy datalogging and being able to look at the tunefile and make tweaks. I have my own HPT MPVI2+ setup I can use. I wont be tuning this car from scratch, but i will make some tweaks here and there and basically datalog the shit out of it at the track.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info