• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

time for my final exterior mod!

I

imported_1fastGTP

well my lighting sucks sooo bad its not even funny... id like to get some bright ass HID's for the black headlights im purchasing and id like some nice fogs. so i thought id ask here on what you guys suggest. i love vipermikes... there bright and clear! so im in debate of the 6k or 5k for the headlights. then theres the fogs id like to check out as well. so any help would be great.

theres 3 options so far.

WbodyStore.
http://www.wbodystore.com/grandprix/hid-li...ions-p-145.html

ZZPerformance.
http://www.zzperformance.com/grand_prix/products1.php?id=617

ClubGP group buy.
http://www.clubgp.com/newforum/tm.asp?m=33...=&language=

Mike K

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
Honestly, Any of them are going to do the job well. The Group buy kit comes with a redundant harness that isn't really utilized (but that J/O's going to come in here and tell you in all CAPS you'll need).

CoolGTX

let sleeping dogs lie
Reaction score
Honestly, Any of them are going to do the job well. The Group buy kit comes with a redundant harness that isn't really utilized (but that J/O's going to come in here and tell you in all CAPS you'll need).
[/b]
id quote the problems ffrom clubgp, but (you) wont admit it anyways, sooo>> :lolsign:

dont let hate be blinding>> :rolleyes:

Mike K

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
We've had three failed bulbs in all the kits we've sold. No other problems. Sounds troublesome to me!

PANDA

Reaction score
Here are pics of my W-Body Store 5K's.

no aim'ed

Xtant12

Reaction score
Any HID will look sweet on your car.. I did 8k and I love how they look, but now seeing the 5k I like those to.. What ones are you leaning towards...

alexgtp

Reaction score
I have had my genuine Philips kit for about 4 yrs now without incident. Best lighting imporvement I ever made. I went with the tru HId color. Not the goofy colored looking ones!

PANDA

Reaction score
Any HID will look sweet on your car.. I did 8k and I love how they look, but now seeing the 5k I like those to.. What ones are you leaning towards...
[/b]
8K's are ricer...

Bk4293

Reaction score
We've had three failed bulbs in all the kits we've sold. No other problems. Sounds troublesome to me!
[/b]
Hate to hijack, but do you sell bulbs by thierselves. One of my 6000k bulbs (That I bought off of someone on Ebay) burnt out. I'd love to find a local place that can sell just a 9006 bulb...

Steve

I

imported_snoop

i say go with mikey...wbodystore.

i gave him a hard time with a purchase and he answered every email and put up with all my shit, good customer service over there and that means alot to me

Mike K

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
Steve, don't advertise them but yes we can get replacement bulbs as well. It's $60.00 for a set in your choice of color.

I

imported_1fastGTP

[/b]
im looking more so towards the 5k. everyone off club gp states go with the clubgp buy and get the lo/hi bi-xenons.... otherwise i would think of just going wbs... the only thing thats awesome is overnight shipping.

Bk4293

Reaction score
Steve, don't advertise them but yes we can get replacement bulbs as well. It's $60.00 for a set in your choice of color.
[/b]

I love you....I'm kinda new, but do you have a storefront or pick up option???

Mike K

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
No pickup option but I generally give local guys free shipping because of that.

Fish

From the mean streets....
Reaction score
Mike, also not advertised, can you do replacement ballasts?

Mike K

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
That I can't do. I don't have a reliable source for them. What kind of ballasts are you running?

Bk4293

Reaction score
[/b]
Well guys, looked like I have hijacked a thread for no reason at all. My bulbs were good, my ballast is fried. Switched the bulbs around and the same side worked...

Well Fish, make me an offer and get to either Glendale Heights or Lombard and the ballast is yours....

Mike K

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
Actually, try switching the ballasts from side to side. 9 times out of 10 it's a bad ground. I bet you your ballast is fine.

bfb_daytona500

Reaction score
CATZ HID is (was I should say) the way to go. I got a kit a few years back and they are awesome. Great reliability and best kit EVER made!!! Too bad you can't purchase them anymore. I was lucky enough to find a BRAND NEW kit on ebay a couple of months ago and bought it for spares (that is if I ever need it).

Fish

Reaction score
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
Well guys, looked like I have hijacked a thread for no reason at all. My bulbs were good, my ballast is fried. Switched the bulbs around and the same side worked...

Well Fish, make me an offer and get to either Glendale Heights or Lombard and the ballast is yours....
[/b][/quote]

Do what Mike says and try swapping ballasts. I did all the work to make sure that I had a bunk one first. If it still doesnt work Ill shoot you an offer.

syP

Not Banned
Reaction score
Shaun.. not taking away from WBS at all...

just get the CLUBgp group buy one.. they all do the same thing.

but if you want to stay vendor specific.. get the WBS.

If you need me to install them for you, hit me up.

and yes.. 8k is RICER... go no higher than 6000k... i had 5000k in my cobalt and loved them

Bk4293

Reaction score
Already tried that guys, thanks.
I opened up the ballast and it was filled with water....Is that a bad thing??? :rolleyes: :lolsign:

Fish

Reaction score
Already tried that guys, thanks.
I opened up the ballast and it was filled with water....Is that a bad thing??? :rolleyes: :lolsign:
[/b]
:lolsign:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom