Time-Cert Thread Repair Inserts - Local Place to Buy?

TommyGloves

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 23, 2007
CHICAGO
Real Name
Tom Glover
Did you try McMaster-Carr? They seem to have everthing

Edit, dif. brand, but same type of insert. I think the size you wanted is here:

McMaster-Carr

[MENTION=109]TommyGloves[/MENTION]

Thanks Dave..I did try MC and Grainger.

I already bought this kit off Amazon. It figures, I get 2 of the 3 holes repaired no problem. The 3rd hole is just a little too short for the insert that came with the kit. FML. :picard:

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
Thanks Dave..I did try MC and Grainger.

I already bought this kit off Amazon. It figures, I get 2 of the 3 holes repaired no problem. The 3rd hole is just a little too short for the insert that came with the kit. FML. :picard:

Grind the inside end down(keeps the best threads on your more used outside end), you can even use a dremel. Make sure to clean the end threads , and that there is a clear start for the bolt. That is an easy fix

TommyGloves

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 23, 2007
CHICAGO
Real Name
Tom Glover
Grind the inside end down(keeps the best threads on your more used outside end), you can even use a dremel. Make sure to clean the , and that there is a clear start for the bolt. That is an easy fix

Unfortunately, the threads at the end are needed to "Lock" the fastener in place with their driver tool. It's a pretty well designed system. The other option is to install it with Loc-tite...let it set...then file down the outside insert flat with the trans case. Personally, with the amount of stress these bolts see, I want to make sure its done right. If I can't find the right sized insert tomorrow...I may go this route.

EDIT: Here's a quick video of the Time-Cert process. http://www.hrpworld.com/index.cfm?form_cat_id=1093,587&action=category

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info