Time-Cert Thread Repair Inserts - Local Place to Buy?

TommyGloves

Donating Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a local place to buy Time-Cert thread inserts? I need to find one of these to get my trans case fixed. TIA.

M10 X 1.50 X 22.0mm Time-Sert Insert Part # 101522

TommyGloves

Donating Member
Reaction score
Did you try McMaster-Carr? They seem to have everthing

Edit, dif. brand, but same type of insert. I think the size you wanted is here:

McMaster-Carr

[MENTION=109]TommyGloves[/MENTION]
Thanks Dave..I did try MC and Grainger.

I already bought this kit off Amazon. It figures, I get 2 of the 3 holes repaired no problem. The 3rd hole is just a little too short for the insert that came with the kit. FML. :picard:

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
Donating Member
Reaction score
Couldnt just drill and tap it for a slightly larger bolt?

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Reaction score
Thanks Dave..I did try MC and Grainger.

I already bought this kit off Amazon. It figures, I get 2 of the 3 holes repaired no problem. The 3rd hole is just a little too short for the insert that came with the kit. FML. :picard:
Grind the inside end down(keeps the best threads on your more used outside end), you can even use a dremel. Make sure to clean the end threads , and that there is a clear start for the bolt. That is an easy fix

TommyGloves

Donating Member
Reaction score
Grind the inside end down(keeps the best threads on your more used outside end), you can even use a dremel. Make sure to clean the , and that there is a clear start for the bolt. That is an easy fix
Unfortunately, the threads at the end are needed to "Lock" the fastener in place with their driver tool. It's a pretty well designed system. The other option is to install it with Loc-tite...let it set...then file down the outside insert flat with the trans case. Personally, with the amount of stress these bolts see, I want to make sure its done right. If I can't find the right sized insert tomorrow...I may go this route.

EDIT: Here's a quick video of the Time-Cert process. http://www.hrpworld.com/index.cfm?form_cat_id=1093,587&action=category

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom