Thursday Night at Lukes | August 13th @ 6:30pm

Added to Calendar: 13-08-20

OP
Mook

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
I wish this took better pics of black cars but I'm guessing it has a hard time focusing.

OP
Mook

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
It struggles to lock on to my car even with nothing else going on.

OP
Mook

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Its also possible I just had the phone set wrong.

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
I have issues with my cameras and reds at night.

Good seeing peeps again. Gotta loves me those Typhoons.

OP
Mook

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Does the sky in my night shots look uniform or is there visual "levels" of black into blueish? They look fine on my laptop but the sky on my phone looks off...probably b/c the brightness is turned way down.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
viewing on my laptop id say its fairly uniform, but my eyes are not as acutely tuned to those kinds of nuances as yours are. Its darker up top and gets lighter as it gets closer to the ground, but its a smooth transition

SpeedSpeak2me

Donating Member
Reaction score
The night shots are fine. The camera software cranks up the ISO to capture the low light conditions then it applies a bit of smoothing to help reduce the spots and blotchiness.

For good night photos really need a camera with a big sensor, like 36x24mm and a fast lens, like f/1.8 or larger. The newer mirrorless cameras do well in low light conditions, as well as most full frame DSLRs. It lets you shoot at lower ISO and keep the shutter speed fast enough to not get blur while not using a tripod.

The phone does do a really good job with all the photos. Color are nice and rich, almost to the point of over-saturation, which you might be able to dial back a touch.

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
Donating Member
Reaction score
The night shots are fine. The camera software cranks up the ISO to capture the low light conditions then it applies a bit of smoothing to help reduce the spots and blotchiness.

For good night photos really need a camera with a big sensor, like 36x24mm and a fast lens, like f/1.8 or larger. The newer mirrorless cameras do well in low light conditions, as well as most full frame DSLRs. It lets you shoot at lower ISO and keep the shutter speed fast enough to not get blur while not using a tripod.

The phone does do a really good job with all the photos. Color are nice and rich, almost to the point of over-saturation, which you might be able to dial back a touch.
i have a mirrorless camera but need to learn how to use it

Outlaw

Reaction score
Was good seeing everyone last night.

For what it’s worth the Facebook “hint” is what reminded me of this. Keep that shit up.

Also enjoyed the looks from a couple of the corvette guys who definitely thought I was parking too close to their pride and joy in Turd Ferguson.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom