• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Throttle Body/Mass Air Question

Dragon03

Super hated on
Mar 28, 2007
I want to get your input with this. I have a Whipple and at the time I ordered it I had the option of doing the Accufab TB and opt'd not too ($500). After thinking it over I changed my mind called up Whipple and they said you could "modify/cut" on the intake plentum to accomodate the Accufab. Well long story short we matched up the TB and there was no way it was going to work. Will it be worth my while getting the correct plentum and Accufab in reference to gains? I dont want to go thru doing this if Im going see maybe +5-10hp. Same thing goes for the MAF I have a stock MAF with the Mafia. Go with bigger or no?....I know that BBK makes a twin 65mm but I am not too happy with BBK.

Sharkster

Addict
Sep 17, 2005
Dragon03 said:
I want to get your input with this. I have a Whipple and at the time I ordered it I had the option of doing the Accufab TB and opt'd not too ($500). After thinking it over I changed my mind called up Whipple and they said you could "modify/cut" on the intake plentum to accomodate the Accufab. Well long story short we matched up the TB and there was no way it was going to work. Will it be worth my while getting the correct plentum and Accufab in reference to gains? I dont want to go thru doing this if Im going see maybe +5-10hp. Same thing goes for the MAF I have a stock MAF with the Mafia. Go with bigger or no?....I know that BBK makes a twin 65mm but I am not too happy with BBK.
Stay with the Accufab. Mine was awesome. Instant throttle response. Im keeping mine as I may decide to go with a Sullivan intake and fab it to that cuz I liked it so much. PEriodically someone will throw an accufab matched plenum for sale on teh national boards.

Dragon03

Super hated on
Mar 28, 2007
Thats what we looked at doing the plentum was setup for a dual blade...so you go okay just port out the opening and you are good to go. It would have worked but the part of the throttle body that controls the intake during idle wasnt matching up with portion on the plentum.

Mr03Cobra

612rwhp - 590rwtq
May 1, 2007
The stock TB flows 1000cfm's, the Accufab flows 1800cfm's. that's an 80% increase by just bolting it on.
I also run a whipple at 19psi. & could only use the Throttle body part & not the plenum. But I have to agree, the response is instant.
Plus it's polished.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info