• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

Throttle Body Gasket replacement

SaturdaysGS

Reaction score
So, as i'm trying to figure out what the deal is with my car, I've decided that since its at 112k miles that I should replace the throttle body gasket, since I will also be replacing the MAF Screen, and cleaning the MAF with Electronic Cleaner. What is involved with this little project? do I need anything besides the gasket?

My aunts 2000 GTP is getting a P0401 code, what causes this? and what needs to be checked/replaced?

Thanks Guys
-Nick

superchargedgp

Reaction score
Originally posted by SaturdaysGS@Sep 7 2005, 08:48 PM
So, as i'm trying to figure out what the deal is with my car, I've decided that since its at 112k miles that I should replace the throttle body gasket, since I will also be replacing the MAF Screen, and cleaning the MAF with Electronic Cleaner. What is involved with this little project? do I need anything besides the gasket?

My aunts 2000 GTP is getting a P0401 code, what causes this? and what needs to be checked/replaced?

Thanks Guys
-Nick
[snapback]97115[/snapback]​

gasket is all you need

p0401 is a EGR code (insufficient flow) cloged

MIKES3

Reaction score
Originally posted by SaturdaysGS@Sep 7 2005, 09:50 PM
Thanks Mike's, how do I go about "unclogging" the EGR?
[snapback]97118[/snapback]​

NON-chlorinated brake cleaner ... just hose the bastard down ... spray into the egr ports on the manifold too

I think

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom