• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

🔧 Technical Thoughts on running E20 instead of straight 93 for knock protection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
Yup I do. ^ He hasnt had a Mach1.

:io:

The Sopranos Television GIF

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
Maybe im confused, or reading that wrong, but your saying doing a fuel system the right way is 10K, but then below you have an example of one that is not done right way, but half upgrades and meth and still 10K. If i'm gonna spend 10k either way, i would rather not have to blend fuel constantly to make E60 and now also have another piggy back (meth) waiting to fail and eat my motor. I can't tell you how many motors i use to replace due to problems with a cars meth system. Thankfully most guys have ditched it in the Mustang world.
You are confused. To run straight E without blending or meth it’s going to be that amount of money to “just run e85”. Plus the rest of the mods to actually make power. You can run e50/60 with meth and get there for similar money without all the headache of port injection. It’s a do it one way or another. Both are expensive and both are not pleasant if something goes wrong. You all acting like I’m not able to afford to go either way or am ready to swap cars again for a cheaper path. Lol you guys realize I’m already like $10k into this one. No turning back.

As for the basis of the entire discussion, it sure would be nice to blend $3 a gallon e with 93 and get the octane I want vs $20 a gallon ms109 or thousands for port injection. This is not a complicated concept. I get the want to poke at me due to my continued reputation on this site. But come on guys. I’ve just asked for opinions not to start an lol argument and let’s keep busting his balls ten fucking years later. Grow the fuck up already.

Reactions: sktchy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread Info