• 💡 Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

🔧 Technical Thoughts on running E20 instead of straight 93 for knock protection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sktchy

⚠️🫠
TCG Premium
Jul 27, 2021
I think to even look at upgrading injectors your into lingenfelter shit and a set is like 5k? I'm sure a 30% over cam lobe would help out quite a bit here and at least get you on e85 but this is way beyond me playin around with trucks too
Slightly related, if you are using an iPhone, press and hold the 0 (zero) to get the degree symbol °

Don’t recall the keyboard shortcut for android. ??‍♂️
It's the same ⁰

Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me

sktchy

⚠️🫠
TCG Premium
Jul 27, 2021
I suppose one could find a way to stick an extra set of port injectors in the intake for all the fuel? Would probably be just as much work and money as throwing a cam in though

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
So why not spend the $5k and go straight corn? It sounds to me like your looking for a cheap fix, which is probably going to lead to a huge repair bill.
Saving money at the moment for the next step. Going to be cam, headers, bigger TB and inlet for the blower than adding meth most likely. I don’t want to but it’s that or the port injection setup that’s twice the cost.

Reactions: sktchy

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
IDK man, sounds like your playing with fire. I'm not as smart as most of you with the going fast shit. But one thing I was always taught was never cheap out on the fuel system. Hence the reason I'm kinda going overboard with the fuel system on my 71.
Because the high side is mechanical and ran using the cam fuel lobe, in order to get more headroom from the high side pump you have to change the cam. So that is helping the fuel system. I already have the low side covered with the JMS. The injectors have a ton of headroom left. Im topping out around 5.0-5.1ms and the top is 6ms. So we are good there.
This is the part of DI motors that everyone has to deal with. And its normal to run the voltage booster for the low, and a cam with bigger fuel lobe for the high side. That will buy me the head room to get to the mid 800's without E or meth.

sktchy

⚠️🫠
TCG Premium
Jul 27, 2021
For reference if I hit 24.5⁰ on an na lt di motor I'm done. I'm sure they can take more but I'm not that guy that likes to push expensive shit. Your running that with a Maggie.

My ls wants to run 27⁰ stock tune on e85 and does with 0 kr but it's happier around 24 or 25.

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
So why not spend the $5k and go straight corn? It sounds to me like your looking for a cheap fix, which is probably going to lead to a huge repair bill.
This.

For now, I would just use good unleaded race gas at the track (VP C10, MS109, or Sunoco 104), and avoid hooning on the street.

Save up some funds to upgrade your fuel system the right way. $5k is a small price to pay to avoid a much higher repair bill later on.

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
chickened on the E. Ran straight 93. DA 180 tonight and that’s all she’s got. Nothing changed from last outing.

1AFDEA2A-C2DA-41D7-B688-9ADB49F89E7C.jpeg

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
You won’t get any benefits after e60, and it washes down you cylinder walls, reducing lubrication. Higher the e mix, faster you accelerate engine wear. Use the best oil with a high zinc content, and change it frequently

cdh027

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 10, 2004
Sunny Florida
My stock (ported throttle body, CAI, Borla secondary cat delete) LT4 pulls timing on 93. It pulled timing straight from the factory. I ran 100 pump for years and it loved it, but the nearest Sunoco with 100 is about 45 minutes away now. I think I may start taking the drive. It's really a different car with it.

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
Your Hellcat 60ft similar to my GTP.
Did your GTP also close the throttle to 49% and also short shift by 1000rpm in 1st? If so that would be impressive. But in reality I could be in the 1.4x short time if the car would stop closing the throttle blade and short shifting. Thats something a trans tune will cure though. Then that MPH should be more like 140.

What did it take for your GTP to cut 1.4x sixties and trap 140s??

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
You can see in the log where the pedal is full on but the commanded throttle opening goes from wot, down into the 40s then back to wot in first gear. The car then short shifts every gear after that by 500rpm, well under the peak of where the car made power on the dyno. This thing has a ton more in it.

1668781036276.png

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Did your GTP also close the throttle to 49% and also short shift by 1000rpm in 1st? If so that would be impressive. But in reality I could be in the 1.4x short time if the car would stop closing the throttle blade and short shifting. Thats something a trans tune will cure though. Then that MPH should be more like 140.

What did it take for your GTP to cut 1.4x sixties and trap 140s??

Some torque management might be helping out your 60ft and I am not sure short shifting matters in the first second and a half of a run. You must have rage quit a while back when I said Greasy blowers wine reminded me of my GTP after driving it. Thread participants LOL'ed at a GTP versus Hellcat comparison so I took a crack at another one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread Info